Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp beats15—p058na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi

I recently downloaded a bios update through the hp support assistant for my hp beats 15-p058na laptop. However when the laptop boots up and begins to install the bios it gets stuck at 100% on the clearing pending image stage.

I eventually gave up and rebooted after several hours but when restarted it just goes through the update and gets stuck at the same place.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks
12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Press the Windows key and while holding it, press and hold the B key at the same time. It may take up to a minute for your notebokk to react, so be patient.

That should trigger a BIOS recovery.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Hi erico

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately pressing the windows key and b didn't work, nothing happened unfortunately.

Any further suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
HP Recommended

I take it that by now you have shut down the notebook. I can't see how you would have much choice. 

Is that from where you tried the Win + B combination?

You should be able to download the BIOS update softpaq from your notebopok's support  port and install it to a usb flash drive. Plug it into a usb port, preferably usb 2.0, and press the power button. The notebook should sek the flash drive to boot from and initiate a BIOS recovery.

Another alternative is to extract the BIOS update softpaq to a folder on another PC and copy the BIOS update file. It may be a .bin extension. Copy the file to the root of a usb flashdrive and plug it into a usb port of the notebook. Power it on to see it the update and hopefully successful subsequent BIOS flash takes place.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi Erico

Thanks again for getting back to me. Yes I shut the laptop down in the end. I tried pressing the windows key + B both a few seconds after turning the computer on and after it got stuck in the same place again.

After your last post I followed the guide http://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c02693833 which I think is along the same lines as what you were describing? Unfortunately when I stick in the memory stick and press windows key & B I am just greeted with a blank screen and the same beeping sounds that occur when the bios installation gets stuck. If I dont press the keys and just have the memory stick in, it just continues to fail as usual.

Do I have any more options to try do you know?

Thanks a lot

Andy

HP Recommended

Other than my previous suggestions and what was on the document, replacing the BIOS chip or the systemboard  with a new one is pretty much the end of troubleshooting this.

HP Recommended

We're having the same problem.  Looking through the forums, it looks like lots of people are having an issue with this update.  I have not been able to contact HP for support.  Has anyone come up with a new fix?

HP Recommended

@RAJohnston wrote:

We're having the same problem.  Looking through the forums, it looks like lots of people are having an issue with this update.  I have not been able to contact HP for support.  Has anyone come up with a new fix?

Is your notebook in the same model series?

2015 Pavilion 15- series

HP Recommended

We have a 17-f084ca.  I have since gotten through to HP support who have advised me that they have no way to easily fix this but if I pay them $60, they will try to fix it.  

HP Recommended

Have you tried the Windows key + the B key method? 

That should force it into recovery mode.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.