Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY TouchSmart 17 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have updated the drivers for 1703 new build windows 10 and my Brightness not working  i well try to fix it  going to 

• Go to Start Menu > Search and type "Device Manager" and then launch the Device Manager app
  • Scroll down to the Display Adapters entry in the device list and expand the option. Right-click on the installed display drivers, and choose Update Driver Software from the context menu.
  • In the ensuing interface menu, choose Browse my computer for driver software.
  • Then choose the option "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer"
  • In the next screen, select Microsoft Basic Display Adapter from the list under Show compatible hardware section. Then hit Next to continue.
  • Windows should now install the selected driver and the display drive

when i am restart my device still have a problem and not fix for ever
any one can help me please

Ako
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ako89kurdish

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand the brightness adjustment doesn't work in Windows 10 latest build 1703,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Have you attempted to enable the generic PnP monitor after the update was installed?

If you haven't, here's what you need to do:

1) Search for Device Manager in Start Menu
2) Expand the Monitors section
3) Right click on Generic PnP Monitor and 
4) Click on Enable and you are good!

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@ako89kurdish

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand the brightness adjustment doesn't work in Windows 10 latest build 1703,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Have you attempted to enable the generic PnP monitor after the update was installed?

If you haven't, here's what you need to do:

3) Right click on Generic PnP Monitor and 
4) Click on Enable and you are good!

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

well i do
and really know solved

thank you dear

Ako
HP Recommended

@ako89kurdish

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute towards resolving the issue and finding the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And mark my post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the information. It is very helpful. However in my case, I did some additional steps.

3) Right click on PnP Monitor (Standard) 

4) Update Driver and Click "Browse my computer for driver software"
5) Click "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"

6) Under show compatible hardware, choose "Generic PnP Monitor"
4) Click on Next and you are good!

HP Recommended

thank you.

Ako
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.