cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
cooperator
Author
Level 5
516 358 0 5
Message 11 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended
My laptop is out of warranty.
0 Kudos
mek007
Level 3
41 40 4 7
Message 12 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Well I definitely sympathize.....
Well I believe that your computer failed because of the power failure . In my experience the bios on those computers gets corrupted.
Since you have the ability to dismantle the you can also check the motherboard for corrosion or rusty parts.

Another thing is the cleaning of the heating system with the product you used is not a bad thing because I use that too.... Send me the part number for ur motherboard which is found under the ram slot .....looks like sps65555-001
cooperator
Author
Level 5
516 358 0 5
Message 13 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you so much indeed for your kind thoughts.
Although I have not seen any decal including HP spare part numberfor system board under the RAM slot while i was dismantling my notebooks, I will check again. If there are not, do you think that this is the sprlare part number below compatible for my motherboard:

Spare part number: 641491-001
Description: for use only with computer models equipped with a dual core processor, the intel HD6490 graphics subsystem, 1024-MB of discrete memory, and USB version 3.0

The above spate part nubmer I brought from the manual of my notebook dv6. There is a very wide variety of spare part numbers. However, since I know that my notebook is equipped with discription of spare part i have posted.

Also, even if I had sent you the spare part number of my motherboard, how could you have helped me as long as I live in the country 'Yemen', out of commerce and you live in another country.
0 Kudos
mek007
Level 3
41 40 4 7
Message 14 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Since u have no warranty then u can buy from ebay.com...... For less than $100
0 Kudos
cooperator
Author
Level 5
516 358 0 5
Message 15 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Do you think that power button board cable became defective or improperly connected to system board? So, there is no response whenever pressing on power button.
0 Kudos
cooperator
Author
Level 5
516 358 0 5
Message 16 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Could reply to my concern about power button cable and the decal including HP spare part number of my moherboard which is not found under ram slot.
If buy from eBay, I put myself under the risk of stealing my product in Yemeni customs. The system in Yemen is very bad right now.
Even if i had purchased a motherborad from eBay with $100 i would also pay for shipping fee.

So far don't find reasnable reason which let my motherboard is faulty if realy my motherboatd causing that failour.perhaps another part other than motherborad which was faulty. So how to be cute sure that motheeboard is the only one which is defective and needs replacing?
0 Kudos
cooperator
Author
Level 5
516 358 0 5
Message 17 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks a lot. Now it powered up well after trying removing the main cmos battery and disconnet the charger. Then press the power button and hold it for 1 min .finalky:wait 10 min and try to connect the charger and power up the pc.
However, the error "coms checksum is invalid, the coms will reset to default." stii appears to me .

The strange is this error only appeares to me in the first start. However, whenever turning off my laptop for a short time not known how long it is, and turn it on again, then no coms error appears. However if mycomputer stayed turned off for long time not known how long it is,then turn on again the error appears again.

0 Kudos
cooperator
Author
Level 5
516 358 0 5
Message 18 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mek007 wrote:
Since u have no warranty then u can buy from ebay.com...... For less than $100

Yes, thanks a lot,

Now it powered up well after trying removing the main cmos battery and disconnet the charger. Then press the power button and hold it for 1 min .finalky:wait 10 min and try to connect the charger and power up the pc.
However, the error "coms checksum is invalid, the coms will reset to default." still appears to me .

could you please reply to my points below:::

1- The strange is this error only appeares to me in the first start. However, whenever turning off my laptop for a short time not known how long it is, and turn it on again, then no coms error appears. However if mycomputer stayed turned off for long time not known how long it is,then turn on again the error appears again.

2- I have a CR2030 (V3) for desktop computer, I can use this one, although it is not new.

0 Kudos
mek007
Level 3
41 40 4 7
Message 19 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yes the error will appear after some time because the battery is not fully charged ...... You can try to run the pc for some time then see if it will charge or replace it with the cr2030 and see if it works better
0 Kudos
cooperator
Author
Level 5
516 358 0 5
Message 20 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very much indeed for your continual replies.

To my surprise, my laptop was powered up again. But I would like you to kindly concentrate with what I would be going to say below?

1- When my laptop is not powered up when trying powering it up yesterday, I have tried removing the COMS battery and then disconnecting the charger, and pressing the power button and holding it for 1 min. Finally: I waited 10 min and tried to connect the charger and power up the pc. , then it was powered up well.

2- when I powered my laptop up, then the error 'COMS checksum is invalid, the COMS will be reset to default' appeared to me'. Then, I have booted to BIOS, and updated the date and time to the correct values.

3- When I restarted my laptop, then the error 'The system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly.
Continued operation is not recommended and may cause unpredictable behavior that could result in random shutdown, data loss or possible system damage. The system will shut down in 15 seconds. To prevent shutdown and continue operation, press the Enter key now'
, although I have fixed it by cleaning the fan/heatsink throughly before, and it was not appearing to me.

4- Whenever I now start my laptop, only this error 'the system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly.' appears to me. However, the 'COMS checksum is invalid,.....' no longer appears to me and the date and time are still correct whatever time my laptop stayed shut down.

So, My questions are:

1- do you think that the error 'the system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly.' is related to 'COMS battery as long as when the error 'COMS checksum is invalid,....' appears to me, then the error 'the system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly' doesn't appear to me?

2- Why does the error 'COMS checksum is invalid,....' no longer appear to me when the error 'the system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly.' appears back to me.?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation