Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Glad to see your issue was resolved.
Signature:
I currently work on behalf of HP for numerous support departments. The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of myself, not of HP. There is no guarantee that the opinions expressed are 100% correct.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I bought a Pavilion DV 7 on May 2009 and I have the exact same problem with my laptop. The bronze/brown finish with the caps and numbers on the same color is an issue. Now after only 4 months using my laptop the keys are starting to fade and I am having difficulties seeing the keys. I did contact HP but they insist that is impossible to replace the keyboard under my warranty and I will need to pay for a replacement. Not very nice. 

Other answer was that I should ask to customize my Laptop at the time that I bought it asking for a backlit keyboard. How is that!

Pavilion DV7 performance is good, but the keyboard is a serious issue.

HP Customer service is not very helpful and by the way, I have seen many post on this "HP support forum" regarding the same issue.

How is that is not a recall for this product based on customer satisfaction?

HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same issue.  I just spoke with a HP representitve and was told that there are no known issues with the keyboard.  He agreed that it was hard to see, but until HP accepts the issue, they will not send replacements. I was wondering if you would share your case number with me, this way I can present a documented case that was resolved. 

Thanks!

HP Recommended

I was hoping snicker233 would respond with his/her case number as they resolved her issue.  what i dont realize is that hp is going to lose my future business by not replacing a $20 item.  i found replacements on the web, but tinkering with my brand new laptop would then void the warranty.

sigh

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. dv7 Bronze I bought in 10/2009 and some keys are wearing. It's starting to get annoying that i can't see my keys

HP Recommended

Just to let you all know. That all my complaints, reports written on this forums about the dv7 keyboard were deleted by HP for "infringing the rules of the forum" repeating the same issue over and over again...

So...

Again...

I am really impressed that you have the time to review the repeated posts but not to respond to my complaints.

It will be really helpful from HP to finally get an answer to me and all the customers that are posting complaints reporting the same issue.

I have a 8 month old Pavillion dv7 with fading keyboard, impossible to see in low light or medium light.

I would like to know if HP will be eager to replace my keyboard due to the impossibility to see the caps.

I am really disappointed with the lack of communication and lack of customer satisfaction from HP.

As HP customer, I have the right to review your product the dv7 everywhere and whenever I feel welcome on the web.

I hope there is somebody on HP that can respond seriously to my report.

Rosa Maria.

HP Recommended

I did that! They put in the black on silver (re[;acing the tan on bronze) and this ain't any better to see.

They even killed my OS with a factory default.. Nothing like getting a keyboard and losing everything else. Clowns I think.

Hello, DELL? I need a new computer

HP Recommended

I have had the same issue.  I have the hp G60, and the letters on the keys K, L, M, and a few others wore off after just a few months of using it.  I called them, and after an argument, they sent me a prepaid box to ship it back to them, and they fixed it for free.  I have had it back since Feb. and those SAME keys are wearing again!!! This time when I called them, they said there's nothing I can do because it's not under warranty anymore. There has to be something we can do? If anyone finds out anything, please let me know.  Thank You

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.