cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
hpuser2010_md
Level 1
3 2 1 3
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Computer trying to install same updated over and over...

I have a HP Pavilion dv6-1375dx Entertainment PC

Running Windows 7

My computer keeps trying to install the service patches below.  The patches have been installed on several dates, sometimes the status is "Failed" sometimes it "Successful".  When I check the installation history for updates for the first one, it has successfully installed 17 times and failed 9.   That is not the only item is has installed or tried to install several times.  And when it tries to install it takes over 12 hours to do so.  I logoff at night about 10pm and leave the computer installing, when I get up in the morning it is still installing, when I get home from work it has completed the process.  Sometimes it was successful and other times it was not. 

The last time both of these updates ran, they "Failed".  Can someone please help.  This has been happening since June, but I have not been able to take the computer to the shop because I use it for work.

Security update for sql server 2008 service pack 2 (kb2494089)

Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 XML Editor (KB2251487)

4 REPLIES 4
Level 19
Level 19
79,860 79,755 9,884 21,336
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

I don't know why it does that. Do you use "Auto Updates" ? 

Regards, 

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Highlighted
hpuser2010_md
Level 1
3 2 1 3
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello!

Yes, I am using auto updates. 

Level 19
Level 19
79,860 79,755 9,884 21,336
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Please look at it to see and you may need to turn off 1 or 2 options such as other Microsoft products.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306525

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
hpuser2010_md
Level 1
3 2 1 3
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks everyone for the help.  I kept looking around and I found a similar issue when I googled mine.

I had to uninstall the updates, go to microsoft and manually download and re-install the updates and that worked.

I did the same thing for both updates, and it seems like my issue has finally been resolved.

Thanks again!!!

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation