cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 7
Level 7
945 934 45 145
Message 11 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'd say it certainly sounds like software, but exactly what I couldn't say, thank you for testing in Safe mode and posting back.

Let me think on it, I'm going to stay with the internal display issue, easier than including external devices of varying make and model.

I am an HP employee
Knowledge is power...Power to the people
0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 12 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just want to inform that I have not seen the flickering lines since my last update - very strange, I have changed nothing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
11 9 0 1
Message 13 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recently I purchased two laptops DM1-3020US  and G6-1b67ca.  I was having the same flickering problems until Nov 7th. On Nov 8th for both laptops my video drivers and the catalyst got updated to v11.10 since then I have not seen any filckering lines on the top of the monitor. 

Has anyone noticed the same. I am going to do more testing over the next few days. But it would be really helpful, if you guys let me know whe you observe. Cheers

Level 7
Level 7
945 934 45 145
Message 14 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi gasavant, thanks for your post, it's what this site is all about, people helping each other.

Yes since July there were a lot of updates released for different models for the Catalyst Control Center and some got BIOS updates.

Most were related to switchable graphics of one kind or another and we have separate threads on those.

It's just important to make sure you get the right one for your unit, lots of updates...:smileyhappy:

Happy computing.

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 1
Message 15 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a DM1 and as I'm touring SE Asia there's no returning it.

After the screen flicker became really annoying I started studying it's habits. It's certainly not hardware, no loose connection. I noticed it stopped when I was copying files via USB.

Long story short, I stopped it by enabling the multiple display feature. There's no need to connect a second display just tell it that you want to duplicate the display on the second montior. Like so:

flicker.jpg

I'm not sure if this thread is still being read, but if anyone finds this useful, please let me know.

Highlighted
Level 7
Level 7
945 934 45 145
Message 16 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for replying Winnick, I agree, sounds like Software, that's why I wanted someone to try it in safe mode.

and you also say the External display was fine while the internal one had the flickering issue, and just restarting resolved it.

Really good feedback.

Have you checked you have the most recent BIOS and Graphics driver loaded?

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 17 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am having the same problem--one or two horizontal lines (small pixelation) across the upper right portion of my screen--it extends from the midline to the right horizontally. This is only the second day I have had this computer--I received it 8/14/12. I just noticed it  using Google Chrome while simultaneously downloading iTunes. I purchased this model as-is, no custom configuration, from QVC.

HP Pavilion dm1-4175nr 11.6"Notebook AlexHerchcovitc 4GB RAM 500GBHD

Processor: AMD E-450 APU

Product Number: A6X43UA#ABA

Bios Version F.13 12/13/2011 (0686110000204F00000320100)

AMD Radeon HD 6320 Graphics: ATI Technology, Driver Date 6/28/11, Driver Version 8.863.0.0

The flickering seems to occur less when I have my Google Chrome open and sized down smaller, when I go to minimize my programs, the flickering goes crazy.  I can sometimes provoke it by moving my mouse up to the corner where the flickering occurs.

Please help!!!! I just got this computer set up and if I have to send it back to get it exchanged for a new one I am pretty sure I will lose my mind!

Thanks,

Angela

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 18 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, that worked for me!

My dm1 started to flicker and a reboot would fix it, but sometimes not. Setting it to display 2 screens has fixed the problem.

Once again, thanks for posting your solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 19 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you so much.

Had the same problem and duplicating screens made it dissapear.

And obviously it also "corrected" brightness issues (brightness was automatically changing from not so bright to very bright and I was not able to find any setting to make it constant (looked in all power, screen, AMD, BIOS settings and nothing helped - until your solution).

Kind regards!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation