cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
J_van_der_Linden
Level 1
10 5 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Disable secure boot on Probook 640G2 with BIOS 1.02

Probook 640G2
Other

Hi,

When I disable secure boot on a Probook 640G2 (and presumably the 650G2) with BIOS 1.02, on restart the system asks me to type in a confirmation code. This is expected. What is unexpected is the system will accept any random code I type. Is this by design?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Level 8
Level 8
926 926 48 104
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Probably not by design. The assumption is that turning off secure boot can have a potential security consideration and therefore a user needs to approve of the change. I would encourage you to open a support case so this issue can be tracked and fixed with a BIOS update

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
0 Kudos
Level 12
Level 12
3,713 3,670 304 704
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have turned off secure boot on quite a few HP PCs and was never asked for any kind of confirmation.

When you put a new motherboard in an HP notebook PC you have to turn off secure boot in order to set up the new motherboard, and I have replaced many HP Motherboards.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation