cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Display on Windows 8 is 'fuzzy' and not as sharp..

HP Recommended

Hello there

I recently upgraded my HP Pavillion dv6910us to Win8, and the screen display is 'fuzzy'.

I cannot change the resolution from the control panel as it only gives me one option, that is 10..x7.., 

is there anything i can do?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 7
Level 7
945 934 45 145
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That's really not compatible with Win 8, no drivers will have been tested with it because it's too old.

Check out this document.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03451712

I am an HP employee
Knowledge is power...Power to the people
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well thanks for your help...the problem is now solved.

This is how:

I ran a search for the driver i required from the nvidia website, which was 

GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M

I then downloaded the driver from the hp website after finding it under my model number, right-clicked the file and selected compatibility mode on windows vista (which was original factory OS). 

Now its working completely fine!!

All thanks to 'Dannunzio on the following link:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video-e-g-Windows-8/GeForce-7150M-nForce-630M-for-...

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation