cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Cageycat
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

Solved!

Envy m6 - num lock button on keypad

HP Recommended

Envy m6 - I cannot tell when the num lock key is on when I use the keyboard on right hand side. This creates a problem when typing in password numbers and I have to stop and remember to use the keys across the top. How can I tell if it is on or not? Nothing lights up (no lights such as on Cap Lock). Nothing in task tray either.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
anthony82
Level 9
2,800 2,766 181 740
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Cageycat,

You’re having a problem not know if your nun lock key is on.

Go to HP.com and update the Keyboard driver if there is one and also the BIOS.

Here is a link to the updates. You'll need your product number.

You can also go to ease of access center and change the toggle keys settings.

• Go to start type ease of access and hit enter
  • Scroll down and click make the keyboard easier to use
  • Check turn toggle keys on.

This will give you a sound when the keys are on.

Let me know how everything goes.

Cageycat
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. Yes, it did work. Took me a while to figure out where the Ease of Access was but I found it on Control Panel. I did hold down the num lock key for 5 seconds and now it makes makes a sound when it is on and a different sound when I turn it off.  yea !!

0 Kudos
anthony82
Level 9
2,800 2,766 181 740
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cageycat,

Your welcome!

Thank you for replaying and letting me know that the problem is solved. This could be a big help for other community member’s that are having a similar problem.

Have a good day.

0 Kudos
mateyo
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
HP ENVY TouchSmart 15 Notebook PC
Some keys are misplaced on my new laptop and I can't find # sign. It is on key 3 but whenever I use shift and key 3, I get £ sign. Will you please help

Mateyo
0 Kudos
ibekelly
Level 1
4 3 0 1
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I turned on the sounds but it does not solve the problem. It is helpful but it does not change the fact there is not a num lock led.

Jeannius
Level 1
1 1 0 5
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too, would like a light for the Num Keypad when it is on.  There is one for Caps Lock, why not one for Num Lock,  this is the first time in 20 years I have not had it.  And I have a large 17inch laptop, plenty of room for a light. It is most annoying, especially with passwords, particularl the log in password for the computer because there is no way of telling.

AndyJ1
1 1 0 2
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is a very annoying issue.  Is there a way to display NumLock status on screen?

MYogurt
1 1 0 1
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have to say this is an ongoing issue with this model computer.  I cannot fathom why the LED indicator was removed.  While having the button make a beep might help in some cases, it does not help with this.  If I'm sitting at my computer, I should be able to look and see that the numlock is on by way of an LED.  The only way to get the beep is by pressing the numlock key.  Not very helpful.  Is there an onscreen display option?

bigredrushe
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I use a program called TrayStatus.

Just do a search for the program and, well, you'll figure it out from there. 🙂

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation