Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Error code 0x8E5E0247 after installation of new harddisc

HP Recommended
HP Pavillion dv7-3130eo
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

After change of harddrive and installation of operatng system Windows7 and other softwere the computer worked poperly a whole week. Then suddendly I got error code 0x8E5E0247 connected to a mail-program (the name not allowed here) saying

"xx xx Mail" couldn't start.  Damaged data on your Calender forced to close "xx xx" (0x8E5E0247).

- My translation of the message is perhaps not quite correct.

After lots of Googling on web I have found following advice:

Anyone receiving the 8E5E0247 Error trying to login to Windows Live Msgr and/or Windows Update who has an INTEL processor & Hard Drive over 300Gb must install the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Software.

There is also following request:
The driver should be installed after the operating system has been installed. F6 and RAID BIOS configurations need to be performed prior to installation of this driver for proper operation.

Link where to download drive:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=Intel%C2%AE+Rapid+Storage+Technology

I also get the same errow code when I try to let computer make 'self search' for errors/defects

What I would like to know is how to configurate F6 and BIOS prior tio installation of the downloaded 

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Software -  do I dare to do it myself ? 

Thanks in advance,

Satu

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,909
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Senttu ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

It is a great  place to find answers and suggestions!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide Learn How to Post and More

I understand you are getting the error code 0x8E5E0247  which is connected to the Intel Rapid Storage Driver.

The link that you provided for the Intel Rapid Storage driver is for a RAID configuration.  Do you have two hard drives installed in a RAID configuration?

Have you ran the HP Support Assistant  to aid with HP updates?

If that did not locate any updates here is a link to the  HP Pavilion dv7-3130eo Entertainment Notebook PC where you can manually check to ensure you have all the recommended updates.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Sparkles1 !

Thank you for your answer.

I have only one harddriver installed and it has one partition. The original harddrive (that crasched) had two partitions, I think. Both the old and new one are 500 GB.

I have ran HP Assistant Support and it seems to be satisfied.

The other link you provided don’t work  (for HP Pavillon dv7-3130eo drives) . Get following message:

"An Unexpected Error has occurred.

• Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 1CD70929.

Click your browser's Back button to continue. "   (The back button is not activated)

Is there also  'Intel Rapid Storage Driver' that is not RAID ?

I would be very grateful for further help and ideas what to do.

Best regards,

Senttu

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,909
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Senttu ,

Thank you for your reply.

When you installed Windows 7 did you do it from recovery media or from a retail disk?

I regret that you were unable to open the link I provided.

I  am providing it again. and when I use Google it is opening the page. 

the HP Pavilion dv7-3130eo

I tested the above link after posting in IE and it also opened the page.

Please manuallly check to ensure you have all the recommended drivers installed.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Sparkles1 !

Thank you for your respons.

Windows installation was made from a retail disc. I bought a new because I thought that recovery discs wouldn't do (the techician who installed the harddisc told so and he also installed the new Windows 7 for me).

Thanks for the link. I also found it by Googling. What I don't know is witch driver I need to download.

I also tried to download Inter Rapid Storage Technical Driver "g1io15ww(1).exe" but it didn't make any difference.  

I suppose I can live without mail program that doesn't work - webmail is available anyhow.

BUT what doesn't work either is the System Maintenance. When I try to run it I get the same error code 0x8E5E0247.

Best regards,

Senttu

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,909
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Senttu 

You can try running the file checker to look for and try to repair corrupted files.

Go to the command prompt.

Right click and run as administrator.

Type sfc /scannow and press enter.

You can also try  using the Windows troubleshooter.  Diagnose and repair Windows File and Folder Problems automatically.

If the issue should still remain, I suggest contacting  MIcrosoft for assistance.

Microsoft Corporation Customer Service 1 800 642 7676 or Microsoft Contac Us website.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Sparkles1 !

A technician already tried by remote controll your suggestion of "sfc /scannow and press enter" without result.

I also ran 'Diagnose and repair Windows File and  Folder Problems automatically' founding nothing. 

I wonder if reinstallation of Windows7 would do any good.

Thank you for all your efforts to solve the problem. I got some useful links to use when needed. 

Best regards,

Senttu

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You should install the AHCI intel RAID driver (STOR_Win7_8_8.1_12.9.0.1001.exe) from here

Then restart at the end of the operation. This should solve the problem.

or 

Download the Intel Driver Update Utility from here

Capture.PNG

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say Thanks for helping!

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation