Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Yogi119 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Factory reset

HP ENVY dv7-7233nr Notebook

I purchased this laptop aftermarket. I am looking to resent the computer to clear the old owners information frmo the system. Could someone assist me in doing so?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1153 69 135
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Factory reset

@Yogi119 wrote:

I purchased this laptop aftermarket. I am looking to resent the computer to clear the old owners information frmo the system. Could someone assist me in doing so?

Hi,

Heres what you need to do.

1. Use one of the following methods to open Windows Recovery Environment:
  1. Restart your computer and immediately press the F11 key repeatedly. The Choose an option screen opens.
  • Click Start . While holding down the Shift key, click Power, then select Restart. Continue holding down the Shift key as the computer restarts, until the Choose an option screen opens.
  1. On the Choose an Option screen, click Troubleshoot.
    Figure : Clicking Troubleshoot
    Clicking the Troubleshoot button
  2. Click Reset this PC.
    Figure : Clicking Reset this PC
    Clicking the Reset this PC button
  3. If you want to keep your personal files and customizations, click Keep my files, then click Reset. Your computer reinstalls the operating system and your computer restarts. You are done.
    If you want to remove all files, click Remove everything and continue to the next step.
    Figure : Keep my files and Remove everything options
    Keep my files and Remove everything options
  4. If you only want to remove everything from the drive where Windows is installed, click Only the drive where Windows is installed. If you want to remove all files from the computer, click All drives.
    Figure : Remove everything from one drive or all drives
    Remove all files from the drive where Windows is installed or from all drives
    1. You can fully clean the drive, so that no files are recoverable, or you can delete your files.
    2. Figure : Just remove my files or fully clean the drive options
    3. Just remove my files or fully clean the drive options
    1. If you want to delete your files, click Just remove my files.
  • If you want to clean the drive, click Fully clean the drive.
  1. Click Reset.
    Figure : Clicking Reset
    Clicking the Reset button
    Windows reinstalls the operating system and the computer restarts.

Source: http://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c04742289

Hope it helps..

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation