cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fingerprint Sign-in option not available on Windows 10

HP Probook 4445s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just recently upgraded to WIndows 10 and I was asked to uninstall the HP fingerprint program since it was not compatible. I uninstalled it thinking that there would be a compatible program after the updgrade. Unfortuantely , I could not find an updated version of this. Please help me find the right program so the fingerprint sign on can be available again.

I'm using HP 4445s, originally with windows 8.1 OS now recently updgraded to windows 10

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I got the same probleam.

need  assiston 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
8 7 0 17
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
10 10 0 5
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had a similar problem on my HP Envy dv7t Quad Laptop after installing Windows 10 Creators update. I _believe_ the W10 Creators update edition now has its own fingerprint sign-in software (for PCs using a fingerprint sensor) which conflicts with the original HP Simple Pass software. To solve the problem, I opened the Programs application and permanently uninstalled the HP Simple Pass program software...but, I kept (did not uninstall) the Validity Sensors program software. After rebooting/restarting the HP Laptop, I signed in using my personal password. Then, I opened Settings --> Accounts --> Sign-in options (next to the Key icon) --> Windows Hello --> Fingerprint (Add options). I followed the prompts to create a (new) fingerprint. I had to slide my sign-in finger across the sensor several times until the software was satisfactorily (re)programmed.

The W10 Creators update fingerprint sign-in software works much better than did the original HP Simple Pass software on my HP Laptop.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation