cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
vangala
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fingerprint not working.

HP ENVY Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP ENVY Notebook fingerprint not working.please help on this.

S/N:CND60137RP,Poduct NumberSmiley Tongue4Y42PA#ACJ & OS :Windows 10 64Bit.

Regards,

Prasad Vangala

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
pmrose
Level 3
67 40 1 6
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fingerprint not working.

I too have recently encountered this challenge.....I am wondering if it is due to the last WIN 10 update that occurred a few days ago..... 

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 957 2,199
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fingerprint not working.

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! 

I have looked into your issue about your HP ENVY Notebook and having issues with the Fingerprint reader software for Windows 10. Here is a download for the Fingerprint scanner for Windows 10. This download sp71729.exe should work for you. I would uninstall the version you have and reinstall this version.

You might need to check that the Simplepass is enable biometric support .

Please let me know how this goes.

Please click the Thumbs up and Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you.  

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation