cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
meschiari
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fingerprint scanner Problem

HP Envy Notebook d050nz
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good Morning,

I have a Problem with the fingerprint reader. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. Sometimes When I want to unlock the PC it asks me only Pin or Password and not "fingerprint". I can't find where is the problem because the fingerprint scanner goes and sometimes it leave me use the finger to unlock the pc.

Thanks 

Ho un problema con il lettore dell'impronta digitale, a volte mi lascia sbloccare il computer con essa, a volte no. 

Quando sono nella schermata di blocco mi da la possibilità di sbloccarlo usando Pin or Password e non mostra la terza variante (lettore impronta) e se ci poso su il dito non si sblocca. Il lettore funziona perchè a volte da la possibilità di sbloccare il pc usandolo.

Grazie

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Level 15
Level 15
23,684 23,466 2,029 7,401
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fingerprint scanner Problem

@meschiari

System:

HP ENVY Notebook - 13-d050nz (ENERGY STAR)

Check the Device Manager > Biometrics > open your fingerprint Driver and check the version.

If it is not the latest, download and install the Driver:

File name:  sp74365.exe (26.6 MB)

If you are not already running the latest version of HP SimplePass, please update.

(Check program version in Control Panel > icon view > Programs and Features)

The latest Series 8 HP SimplePass program at this writing:

sp76923 HP SimplePass V8.01.62A W7-W10 32/64bitS

General Help, Suggestions, and Examples:

Instructions to Upgrade HP SimplePass

Read the first page: Dragon Document Guidelines

Sections of interest include:

• Order of Events is important
  • Change Sign-In Options
  • Procedure - Update / (Re) Install HP SimplePass
  • Bits and Drivers
  • Validity Sensor Driver Version

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation