cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Shyam26
Level 1
11 6 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Freezing problem

ENVY 15t-ae000 CTO(Touch)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi...My laptop is Hp envy 15t aeoootx CTO (Touch) , Windows 10 , 16 gb ram , nvidia geforce gtx 950m 4gb ram graphics card.....When i play the game dota 2 in steam , after few minites my laptop gets freezed......no buttons are working , including ctrl+alt+del , alt+tab , etc......the only option i have is to press the power button.......all my drivers are upto date..... pls hepl me.....

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,372 23,328 1,948 3,080
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Freezing problem

@Shyam26

Welcome to HP Forums, 

this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the "Dota 2" game locks up while on the steam engine,

If you know the game meets your system requirements, here's what we need to do:

You'll need to determine your computer's temperature, CPU & GPU usage and fan speeds.
Download MSI afterburner so that you can boost the usage and monitor the speed,

You may Search in youtube for video tutorials on using the above-mentioned software.
While playing, run the software and see if the temperature is good.

After determining that there is no problem in your CPU/GPU then we can investigate further,

In fact, you could also check the solution provided on the steam community as this issue is limited to the game and doesn't freeze otherwise: Click here for steps.

(The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that i may help you resolve this issue by going beyond by support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Shyam26
Level 1
11 6 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Freezing problem

still i get that problem......i am so worried and dont know what to do....pls help me.....

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,372 23,328 1,948 3,080
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Freezing problem

@Shyam26

You've done a remarkable job performing the steps suggested earlier, great work 🙂 

And don't worry, as we should be able to fix this up with a few more steps and I'll be with you until we ensure this issue is fixed.

I understand you've performed the previously suggested steps, however, I would appreciate a few details as I had included quite a few steps,

In fact, as mentioned earlier: After determining that there is no problem in your CPU/GPU then we can investigate further,

"you could also check the solution provided on the steam community as this issue is limited to the game and doesn't freeze otherwise: Click here for steps."

Have you done the above step?

What were the results on MSI burner?

Awaiting your response and eager to help.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Shyam26
Level 1
11 6 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Freezing problem

Sir if I reset my laptop will it work...?
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation