Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
15 7 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

HELP - kmode exception not handled, kernel security check & 1 other error message

HP Recommended
hp 15 notebook PC j2c35PA
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi everyone and thanks for your time reading my question.

Iv had my hp laptop for about a year now, never had any issues until now. today on 4 sepearte occasions it has shut down and come up with an error message. i noticed it only comes up for example if i lift my laptop up and move from the couch to the table or even to reposition it when i am sitting down even though i am very gentle.

when i first turned it on after about 20 minutes my explorers froze and then the little flag in the bottom right said there were 2 issues with my computer (spyware was turned off) i did virus scans and then suddenly it turned off again. i don't know if this is a virus? or is my hd giving up?

I do not know much about laptops / software at all!! Is anyone able to help me and explain things very simply step by step? please.

the first message that came up is kernel security check, then one i can't remember, then kernel security check again & then kmode exception not handled.

one thing i find odd (i have had the occassional blue screen), is when the blue screen came up each time the background is quite shaky and it looks the writing is overlapping more writing? never seen this! I have attached the photo i took.

thanks so much again for reading :generic: IMG_8966.JPG

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 957 2,203
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @smash91 ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. It is a great site for information and questions. I have looked into your issue about your HP 15 Notebook and an error message appearing with a blue screen. I have search for a fix for the error message and it says that there is an incorrect driver installed. So if you could take a screen shot of your Device Manager that would be awesome.

If you see something in there either USB Serial Bus device or other devices that have a yellow question mark on it. I would right click and uninstall the device.

Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues.

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
15 7 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! so sorry for the late response! I think my laptop somehow fixed itself? I haven't had the issue again since I posted - however I have taken screen shots to see if you think I should uninstall anything? thanks so much for your response.Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 957 2,203
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @smash91 ,

No thanks for the screen shot. I would not do a thing. (mama said that if its not broken do not try to fix it)LOL.

Have a great weekend.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
15 7 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hahahahahaha!! Thanks so much agin for your help & taking the time to respond. Have a great weekend too! 🙂
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation