Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Yes, to test, I installed thrice on my laptop (Pavilion 15-AB125AX).

Well, this will only work as a clean install only. The upgrade cannot be done. Even when you have installed Windows 10 CU, you cannot install the Creators Update on top of it again. The closest to an upgrade is a clean install without formatting the drive, then then copying back data from the "Users" folder inside "Windows.old". Now, if you have a GPT partitioning scheme, you will have to wipe your entire hard drive and create partitions again for the MBR scheme. In that case, you need to back up all your data on your laptop.

The install may seem to be stuck in the "Getting Ready" phase. It'll take 20 minutes, or even more.

I used this tool to download the ISO from Microsoft. Then, using RUFUS, I prepared the flash drive. Next, rebooted, went into BIOS and changed all the settings, booted from USB and installed. Everthing went fine. Let Windows Update download the drviers. Then you can get the updated ones with CU support from support.amd.com. Get the full drivers (Radeon Settings Software and Chipset Drivers), not the minimal setup. Also, make sure to remove your exisitng AMD drivers using DDU before you proceed.

Windows 10 Build 15058 onwards, AMD A10 8700P and maybe some other Carrizo architecure CPUs are not being supported. Microsoft is aware of that. Even on Windows 7, a rollup has been issued that blocks further update on Carrizo-DDR4 APUs. The KB article says that Microsoft is working on it. 

AMD maybe is talking to Microsoft becuase most A10 8700P systems are not even 2 years old. You can read it here. You can read the Microsoft KB article here

HP Recommended
I understand everything 🙂 At getting devices ready do i have to attach the laptop to the router with ethernet cable? If i will clean install and format the drive what display drivers to remove with ddu? The ones that windows will install?

HP Recommended

Do not connect anything until the install is done and Cortana shows up. Then, plug in the ethernet. 

And I'm talking about once you have installed Windows, logged in and Windows starts searching for a display driver. 

Yes, DDU will remove the display drivers that are downloaded over Windows Update. These are generally ones issues by HP and are really really outdated. Alternatively, you can use the Windows Update Show Hide Tool to stop all the "AMD" drivers being updated via WIndows Update.

Just get those from AMD's site. They released ones with Win10CU support.

HP Recommended
Thank you Rangan! I am going to give it a try now and will let.you know 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi rangan!

Could you please provide a link for the 'Radeon Settings Software and Chipset Drivers'? I can only find the minimal setup 😕

HP Recommended
HP Recommended
Thank you eXtreme4!
HP Recommended
Extreme 4 I have installed this driver and it made no difference. The only thing I have not tried on this thread (and some stuff that support has recommended) is the clean install rangan2510 suggested.

HP Recommended

I have the most current verson installed with no luck

HP Recommended

Here's the living proof that it works.

Sketch.png

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.