Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just updated my laptop to bios version f43 rev A. The very first thing that it makes me wonder is that the (memory) hardware reserved increased to 1.1 GB. Now the total available memory for the OS is 6.9 instead of 7.something that it was before. Is it something that only happened to my laptop or you guys also experience this? I am using the latest amd drivers and not the outdated hp ones.

hardware reserved.PNG

Also as rangan stated, now we are waiting for HP to release a bios update that supports the CU update.  For my model for example ab141na the bios version f41 provided support for anniversary update (v1607). Have a look

f41 fixes.png

HP Recommended

Hardware reserved RAM is very low in amount, a few hundred megabyes maximum. Maybe the kernel mode is using a little bit more RAM now, I have no idea why. Run DxDiag and see how much graphics memory you are getting for the R6 Graphics processor. Maybe it's using some of the system RAM as VRAM.

Also, you laptop, mine, and some others I know from this forum has different model name, but comes with the same motherboard. All of those should get another BIOS update to support the Creators Update.

HP Recommended

I have also tried update and the same probleme.

Now that we re waithing for the nest bios update?  😞

Windows10Upgrade9252.jpg

HP Recommended

If a bios fix will do the job I am all for it.  The latest bios available for my system was posted in April and I have already installed it but that has done nothing to improve the end result.

My issue is not just for me but everyone on this forum and so many others.

People like my elderly parents that would have no idea how to perform the modifications we are discussing and simply expect Microsoft to update their computer and HP to provide them with something that lasts as long as the flat screen in their living room.

HP Recommended

(updateon post no 65) jut got call from hp and they say they will need to do sometime and i have to follow the technican for that and and when i say i need to know wht i have to do then he say he will send some one and he will do the things probebly he will perfrom bios update but for some reason he not give me all of those information, and when i say why its taking so long to adress they say first time they counter this type of problem so it will take some time .

HP Recommended

Hi rangan

Have two questions:

a.) Could you please you or someone else share with me a direct link for Broadcom 802.11n wireless controller , i know that the latest driver is version 7.35.344.10 but i cant find it on broadcom's official site. 

b.) According HP my laptop comes with an 8780p (extreme edition R8 4C,8G) and an R8 video card. But i have installed the official drivers from AMD and it identifies my card as an R7 and not R8. Do you think that the card can be damaged like this?

AMD Linked card details.PNG

HP Recommended
1. It is always better to use the version that comes via Windows Update. At this moment, i do not have the download link, but you can check Softpedia.com
2. AMD does not have any R8 GPUs. Rather, the combination of the internal R6 Graphics and a discrete R7 Graphics in a dual graphics configuration is called R8. When you use the OEM drivers, you get the R8 branding. Your GPU is not at all damaged. It is perfectly normal. Check out AMD Radeon's dual graphics branding, you will understand.
HP Recommended

GeorgeNt I think this is normal and should not be a concern. the same has happened to my laptop when I upgraded drivers. I think the AMD and her drivers are not so simple and clear as with Nvidia...

You can see this: https://community.amd.com/thread/211218

HP Recommended

At this point, unfortunately, I see this as a hurry up and wait scenario.

HP has no interest in updating the bios or making systems compatible with what is clearly a Microsoft screw-up.

Microsoft clearly has no interest in fixing something that is clearly not their issue; this is an HP problem.

So unless you want to take the time to hack your system to get an update installed, and there is no guarantee that future updates will even install, and lets not forget that you may have to do a clean install for all future updates; your now forced to wait until someone takes pity on you and actually decides to resolve this issue.

Or a class action lawsuit is filed by someone who got screwed and has deep enough pockets to fight the system to ensure they get reimbursed their $1.09 (thanks Navin Johnson) so you can then use it on something to replace your now aging HP.

in my case what i got told, before the warranty ran out, is you can buy the HP equivalent of Apple's Genius Bar support. Nevermind the fact that I have a system that is under warranty and cannot be upgraded and clearly has a defect.  I have other systems that were upgraded successfully yet the one under warranty could not be upgraded because it is not compatible that to me is a defect. A manufacturer defect.

I do not have the same issue with any of the Dell's or IBM's they have all been upgraded successfully.

HP Recommended
Thank you rangan and thanfun for the clarification.

@schrammbo: I strongly hope that hp will release a bios update in the near future. I am totally agree with you, if for some reason hp will continue play games with Microsoft like hide and seek that would be the last time that I buy an hp machine again of any kind.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.