Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (5,632 Views)

HP Compaq EVO N620C and Windows 7

Hi.

I have the above laptop and tried Win7 on it. It installed and ran just fine, but I am having problems with the video drivers and the wireless card too.

Everything else works and runs just fine. The audio drivers seem to be OK, but needed a bit of persuading to get working, but they are fine now.

I am wondering if anyone knows any solutions to the wireless card which is a Compaq Agency Series NC5010 / WL110 Wireless LAN based card, and my video card is a Radeon Mobility 7500

I tried inserting the Wireless card after boot up, and I got the win sound that something had been inserted, but it never asked me to install any drivers etc, and the power led on the card never came on either.

Any thoughts or suggestions guy's would be very much appreciated indeed, or any tips or tricks anyone has too.

I am determined to get this working because I quite like Win 7, but these couple of things are just niggling at me right now.

Thanks for your time and help.

Steve.

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 3 (5,625 Views)

Re: HP Compaq EVO N620C and Windows 7

Hi

Just an up-date for you.

I have bought another Wireless Network card and it's working fine now. The only thing left now is the Graphics card drivers.

If anyone can help with this it would be appreciated very much.

Many thanks.

Student
Message 3 of 3 (5,485 Views)

Re: HP Compaq EVO N620C and Windows 7

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation