cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JamesPye
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

HP Envy 15 Notebook pause button not working

HP Recommended
HP Envy 15
Windows 8.1

Hi,

The pause button, and the next and previous track buttons (F9-F11) are not functioning anymore on my laptop. All the other  "F" buttons work fine, and I'd rather not reset my pc. Is there any solution to this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
D5GR
Retired
Retired
3,533 3,002 182 479
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JamesPye ,

Hell and thank you for posting on the HP support forums.

I can understand why you wouldn't want to do a full system recovery for this situation.

Have you tried a system restore though.  This would only take you back to a point in time when you knew the keys where still working.

It will not remove any data you have saved just set your configuration back and remove any software installed from now until the time and date you pick.

Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 😎

Other than that if you can post back with your notebooks product number I can point you to the system support page so that you can remove your drivers and reload them to see if that can help.

Thank you again for posting.  Please post back soon.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
JamesPye
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

My product number is J2T71EA#ABU

I seem to have already found this support page, and I cannot find the relevant driver that I would need. Which one is it?

I'm not sure I think its worth doing a restore for either, but thanks for the advice.

Thanks

0 Kudos
nemovich
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Did you manage to fix the problem, I have the same issue. I found out that if you bring the task manager to the front, the buttons work. other that that, they won't. strange !

0 Kudos
D5GR
Retired
Retired
3,533 3,002 182 479
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JamesPye ,

Thank you for posting back you product number.  Here is a link to the support page for your notebook.

Here you will find all the supported drivers.

HP ENVY 15-j186na Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) - Software & Drivers

If you can't resolve this by replacing drivers the system recovery will be the next step followed by contacting phone support for repair options.

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Thank you again for posting and have a great day.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
JamesPye
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

(2 years on) I've discovered that it seems to work if you press fn -> shift -> f10 for pause (f9 & f11 to go back and forwards)

0 Kudos
Duane_D
Retired
Retired
4,641 3,064 52 155
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!

I have closed this thread to help keep the comments timely. If you have more to add, please start a new thread. Click here if you want to learn more about how to start a new conversation/thread.

Please post in a new thread for better exposure. It may also be helpful if you posted a few more details about your computer/printer and your issues.

1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.

If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you!"

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation