cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AbdullahTron
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Envy Control Zone Swipe Gestures Feature in Windows 10

HP Recommended
Envy 15 Q006tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have a HP Envy 15 Q006tx and running Windows 8.1 .Currently i am not Upgrading to windows 10 because I have a doubt that if i would upgrade to windows 10 i would lose the swipe gestures of the control zone which allows shifting between apps and right windows menu. 

Can anyone please assure me that these gestures do also work on windows 10. Because these are very usefull feature I dont want to lose.

I have checked many websites and everyone says that they have lost this feature.

HP support I request you to help me and guide me. Is there a way to upgrade to windows 10 and still keep the control zone swipe feature gesture? Or windows 10 doen't allow this feature at all. Because one of my main reasons to pick this model was due to this feature.

waiting for your reaply. 

2 REPLIES 2
frrw
Level 8
1,890 1,883 83 185
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello AbdullahTron:

Welcome to HP's forum like me I like and need the touch features because of my hand disability.  I would leave it the at same windows as well. Your computer is running just fine and you either fixed the bug issues it had or learned how to put up with them.

Yes your computer can be upgrade provided it was built after 2013. Does all features work afterwards answer is no. You just opened up a can worms.  I looked at the trouble shooting page for windows 10 so you would be facing all thoose issues after upgrading to Windows 10 those are just the top common ones. HP just released these windows 10 drivers and software in August 07, 2015 that's only 4 months ago. To me that is not enough time to see what all the bad issues out there are. Just the ones they addressed are major complicated issues. Another reason  not to upgrade. 

Windows 10 instructions  for your computer page:    (Pay Attention To Warnings)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-15-Notebook-PC-series/6936209/model/7234635/document/c04...

Your computers upgrade software and drivers  ( Select Windows 10 )  See the release dates.

Your computer's windows 10 trouble shooting page.  This list  only  known issues in this point of time. Remember it is only been four months. This is why HP's forum is so huge now. Back when it was just Windows 7 the forum was much smaller then believe it or not I was number one solution solver for HP Touchsmart computers now look how huge it is today with Windows 10 issues. Drivers and software disappearing . Read this page and ask your self. Do I really want to deal with these known headaches ?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-15-q000-Notebook-PC/6936209/model/7234635/document/c0477...    

You are welcome frrw.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
AbdullahTron
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
So what you are saying is that currently HP devices have alot of problems related to software on windows 10.
And i shouldn't upgrade my windows. Right? And the swipe wont work apart from other driver issues.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation