Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am trying to solve my video driver issue. First of all, I couldn't found this laptop model on HP site. I've eventually installed my drivers through google search (for instance I've installed my network driver by going to the maker's site, i.e. Ralink, and did it manually). Therefore, because I cannot find my drivers on the official HP site, I've also installed my video drivers from other sources, which probably created the problem that I have now.

I have an ATI Radeon HD 7600M and Intel HD 4000. I've tried to play something (League of Legends), but the game freezes most of the time. Sometimes it shows 16 fps, other times 60 fps, but it's irrelevant, because I cannot move around at all. Most of the gameplay is made out of snapshots. I am not even certain what video adapter the computer currently uses and whether it switches automatically (I've included LoL in the application list from the CCC Switchable Graphics Application Settings) to the ATI adaptare.

So first what I am asking for is an HP source to download these drivers from and then to fix (if that occurs) the switchable graphics technology or to force the driver to use the dedicated adaptare, if needed.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I've solved it by searching the forum and installing an older driver from a different model.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try downloading the HP Support Assistant tool from the below link which should help you downloading the drivers for your system.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_tit...

Regards

Mahemac

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
, I am speaking for myself and not for HP and I am not an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hello,

After the program went through the entire list and checked it all, in the HP updates tab it simply says "No updates available".

I want to remind you that I already have both my video adapter drivers installed, only from a different location (AMD and Intel) 🙂 I don't know if that might interfere with HP updates, in that the program might think the drivers are alright and there's nothing more to install. Do you think I should uninstall the video drivers?

HP Recommended

Hi,

The below link is the HP site to download the drivers for your notebook. So this should help you with downloading the drivers.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&product=5354931

Regards

Mahemac

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot! I hope they work on Win 7 64 too 🙂 I'll get back to you when I've installed the necessary drivers.

HP Recommended

It doesn't work. I've tried installing the intel hd driver, but it said that the computer doesn't have the mininum requirements. It probably means windows 8. The AMD driver does work (it's probably for both windows 7 and 8), but only now did I remember that I had already known about that link and that I tried to install several drivers from there (chipset, mei, rapid storage, etc.) but they didn't work.

After installing the amd driver, I restarted and entered the game. Same thing.

I think that the laptop uses the intel hd anyway (the driver of which probably isn't good - the game should have worked on intel hd quite well, actually), so maybe you could guide me to forcing the use of the dedicated video card? I had a similar problem with a Lenovo laptop and it worked to force it to use the ati video card and that's what I was doing any time I needed more video performance. I've tried it on this HP laptop, but it doesn't seem to have that option.

I also want to add that the windows update program wanted to update my  intel hd driver. Which I tried, but it didn't work. The link seems to be broken and it's a problem shared by others too.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have searched for the drivers of amd radeon hd 7670m graphic card used in your laptop and its a download from AMD website for Windows 7. This is a manual driver download instead of auto search. Try this and let me know what happens. If possible if the issue still persists give me the product number and in which country you both the notebook.

http://www.amd-drivers.com/download-RadeonHD7670M-mobility-driver-for-Windows7-64bit.html

Regards

Mahemac

HP Recommended

Yes, the problem persists. I've installed the new driver (the monitor flashed, as it normally does when installing a new video driver - which led me to believe that windows is using the ati video card? - maybe this is not a correct inference), rebooted, entered League of Legends, for 2 seconds or so it seemed to work fluidly, then it stopped rendering the image, even if the game actually works - I can go to menu and press the buttons (this I know from the sounds it makes) and I could actually exit the game if I could imagine exactly the location of the buttons (that's another supposition). So this is only a graphic freeze. Could there be some other problem related to this? Maybe the chipset driver or something similar?

Are you completely sure, still, that windows is using the ati video card when rendering the game image? Couldn't it be that it's using the intel hd driver, and that it doesn't automatically switch to the ati video card before/when entering the game?

The country is Romania (both the place of purchase and where I am currently located).

Product no.: D4Y49EA#AKE

HP Recommended

I've chosen the power saving option for league of legends, just to try to see if anything changes and if indeed the CCC knows how to switch between video cards. And it does and you were right to insist on the ati driver installation. After having done that, the game, which now ran on intel hd, actually worked pretty fine. So indeed, there's nothing wrong with the intel hd driver, but only with the ati driver, or even worse, with the video card itself.

What other options do I have now?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Have you taken a leave of absence?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.