Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 3 (5,332 Views)

HP Quicklaunch Buttons not working

Hi, I've got a HP dv6113us, running Windows XP Professional and my quicklaunch buttons have been working fine so far. 

But, since yesterday, after I upgraded to XP SP3, and .NET Framework 3.5, my Quicklaunch buttons have not been functioning...

The sounds and colors are still working, the all appear blue, and the mute button turns orange when clicked. I hear all the sounds too. But, two functions are not working:

1. The volume Level Bar (The volume does increase/decrease when I run my finger across it, but I don't see the green OSD which appears at the bottom of the screen)

2. If I click the Quickplay lauch button, Quickplay doesn't open. (I have checked the Quicklauch settings, and the button does direct to Quickplay)

Once again, all this occured after installation of Windows XP SP 3, and .NET Framework 3.5.

Thanks a lot for the help guys! :)

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 3 (5,299 Views)

Re: HP Quicklaunch Buttons not working

Quick Launch Buttons needs help from bios and OS to work. After OS service pack, you maybe need to update bios and reinstall QLB. Vsit: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3250975&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us for updates

===================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *
** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Top Student
Message 3 of 3 (3,964 Views)

Re: HP Quicklaunch Buttons not working

If anyone would ever run into this again: Deus Covrigus's reply from here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/hp-quick-launch-buttons-for-wind... solved my problem with quick launch buttons not responding.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation