cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
33 18 0 1
Message 21 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am patiently waiting for u please.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
Level 7
945 934 45 145
Message 22 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi ofeiakonor & EEAmigo, I have not forgotten about you.
I am still reseraching your issue and will post a response as soon as I have one for you.

I understand it can be frustrating waiting for a reply but please know I am working on this.

Thanks for your patience

I am an HP employee
Knowledge is power...Power to the people
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
33 18 0 1
Message 23 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I appreciate your concern and hope you will finally get me a solution through your research. I am humbly waiting for you.

THANK YOU.

0 Kudos
Level 7
Level 7
945 934 45 145
Message 24 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Guys, just to let you know, at this point my research is pointing towards an update that may be responsible for the Log on issue.

I'm working with some other people and they are better placed to know about this, so I'm hoping to have something maybe next week, I guess it depends on their work-load.
I should say it is possible that this may be a "By design" change, but it is just one possibility, just bear it in mind.
I'm hoping to have the root cause and then hopefully either a solution, or if not a solution at least a workaround.
I promise I'll stay with this until I get the answer.
Have good weekend :generic:

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
33 18 0 1
Message 25 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That's good of you. I hope you will soon find solution to my problem.

Still waiting for you my dear.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
Level 7
945 934 45 145
Message 26 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi guys, I got some feedback, I need to ask you to follow some steps you may have done already, but it is important that you do them again at this time.

Please let me know the result , and when you do I may contact you via Private message on this forum with something else.

Here are the steps we need you to perform, if you're willing, please follow them exactly & reply with the answers, we will go from there:

1. Remove all the fingerprints (You can open the SimplePass and remove the fingerprint one by one, or you can go to control panel->hardware and sound->Biometric device, select remove all fingerprints)

2. Uninstall the SimplePass, check the "Remove the identity" option before uninstall it.

3. Reinstall the SimplePass and re-enroll your fingerprint.

If the above way still not solve the problem, please answer below question.

Q1: Please create a new account and let us know whether the problem still happen in this new account.

Q2: What version of SimplePass did you use?

Q3: Did you use the domain account?

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
23 21 0 0
Message 27 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where do I get the new version of simple pass to reinstall?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
4,755 4,722 203 624
Message 28 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would recommend that you download the HP Support Assistant as it can detect and download any updated drivers and software available for your notebook.

You can download it at the following link:http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html#.UfGt9o1az08

If you would just like the download, I will see if I can find it, but I will need the exact product number of your computer and the version of Windows that you are using.

If you need help finding it, you can use the following link:

Thanks,
Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Highlighted
Level 2
23 21 0 0
Message 29 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

it is an HP Envy m6 Notebook

Product number D1E93UA#ABA

Windows 8 64 bit

I have the HP support Assistant loaded, but I was instructed to uninstall Simple Pass, so I need the update program.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
33 18 0 1
Message 30 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please, I have uninstalled  the SimplePass software as you directed. I am now left with the re-installation of the SimplePass software of which I don't know where to get it and need your help.

PRODUCT NAME: HP ENVY dv6 Notebook PC

PRODUCT NO: C8B37UAR#ABA

OPERATING SYSTEM: Window 8 64-Bit

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation