cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Level 7
Level 7
945 934 45 145
Message 31 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

•Make sure you install the latest version of the SimplePass Software, this will help reset it on your system, it's listed under "Software-Security" on the same link.

I am an HP employee
Knowledge is power...Power to the people
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
23 21 0 0
Message 32 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I installed the HP Support Assistant, created an HP disk recovery, reinstalled Simple Pass and it still will not allow me to register my windows logon. It gives me an error message that the password entered does no match my Windows Password.

When I open the Personal Settings, there is a row of options under Enable Features. The Windows Logon box is not checked and I am not able to check it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
23 21 0 0
Message 33 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I replied to a personal e-mail to Bookworm, but I have not received a reply.

I am still having this problem with Simple Pass

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
Level 7
945 934 45 145
Message 34 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi EEAmigo, I did not see the reply in private message with the information I requested.
I'll send it again

I am an HP employee
Knowledge is power...Power to the people
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
33 18 0 1
Message 35 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have also not hear from you since I replied your private message to me. May I know whether you have seen it or not?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
23 21 0 0
Message 36 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I sent my private information August 8th, but I have not received a reply.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
23 21 0 0
Message 37 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

From the lack of responses and the other forums with the same problem, it appears that Simple Pass is not compatible with Windows 8. Do you see a patch sometime in the future?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 38 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So what's the verdict?:smileymad:

I'm having the same issue w/my ENVY dv6 laptop notebook.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
23 21 0 0
Message 39 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The problem still exists. I took the computer back to Best Buy and they could not fix it. I went into a live chat room with HP and they could not fix the problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled Simple Pass, I changed my Windows password, I logged in with a local account, etc.

No change. Their last reort is to do a complete restore which would wipe out anything on my computer that is not a file or was not installed by HP. All of my third party programs would be lost and I would have to reload all of them. Since they could not state that this would correct the issue, I decided that it was not worth the risk or effort. It will remain a sore point when I consider purchasing HP products in the future.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 40 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply Amigo,

However, don't waste your time w/a complete OS restore. Been there done that. I had to do a restore a couple of months back regarding another problem I was having which incidently has been fixed. Although w/a restore SimplePass did work on the Windows log in after the restore, it was only temporarily. After a couple of weeks I started having the same problem. And that's where I am now. I am able to use simplepass to log into various websites but it does not recognize my fingerprint when trying to log into Windows 8.

Now! I have not tried any of the suggestions stated above. But it seems as if this is an inherent software compatibility problem that hasn't worked for anyone. So I don't know whether I should waste my time trying any of that only to find out that it's not gonna work anyway.

So "The Verdict Is... NO SOLUTION!" Kinda sucks. :indifferent: That was one of the features that attracted me to this laptop. Oh well... Guess I'll just have to resort to manual login.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation