cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ray3331
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP SimplePass v6 Ceases to Function Every Time Mozilla Firefox is Updated - When/Where is an HP Fix?

HP Recommended
Pavilion dv7
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP SimplePass v6.0.100.252 ceases to function every time Mozilla Firefox is updated.  I am forced to reinstall Firefox 39.0.3 in order to have SP6 function;  FF is now at v44+.

SimplePass v8+ is not compatible with Windows 7 64-bit Pro.  (I am not upgrading to Win 10 until Microsoft removes all of the variations of spyware, tracking, and auto-updating that the user CAN NOT turn off.)

I discussed the issue of continued HP support for SimplePass, with HP's Corporate Executive Customer Service, when AuthenTec was sold to Apple.  I was assured that SimplePass and the "fingerprint reader" on my Pavilion dv7 would be fully supported.

I would not have ordered a HP PC, especially one with a "fingerprint reader" that can only start Win 7 and work in a severely outdated Mozilla Firefox browser.

The HP support site still has useless web pages describing v6, but no functioning feedback links.

Where is an update for SP6?

When will HP take responsibility for SP6's lack of functionality in Mozilla Firefox?  Perhaps in the Mozilla FF Forums?

When is HP even willing to provide a workaround?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation