cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kingwalidfarid
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

HP Support Assistant not working -An error occurred

HP Recommended

Recently  i got problem with hp support Assistant first it show there is new version to download then i did download it after finish download it won't installing i dont why ,then i did try to unistall it but it won't then i did unistall it from ( SWsetup) but i dont know what happen it did unistall but not 100% then i did download last version again from hp then try to install it again but it gave me strang message  while installing its Error 1316 update/install   then i found it on hp support there is many users they have same problem but in the end i fixed by MIcrosoft fixit and it did unistall the hp Assistant fully then i did try to install it again and it did correctly but after i proccess hp assistant it open but not work fully the problem it gave me it show in the product name:loading -serial number:loading - product number:loading  and in the top it say An error occurred and when i want to tune up it not pass downloading pleas i need help with this problem .

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Mumbodog
Level 12
12,390 12,217 582 1,542
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Run this Fixit, then try Uninstalling HPSA, after it uninstalls sucessfully, install the new version.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

0 Kudos
sbgurung5
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp support assistant not working

0 Kudos
ilea_cochrum
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i am getting same thing..have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling like others suggest but does nothing...i dont understand why a compnay cannot fix an issue likt this and why so many people are having it..

0 Kudos
flehnerz
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have this same error too. 

Thanks HP for being such a crappy company. 

0 Kudos
honestangel1
6 2 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm getting a different error. When I try to open the assistant I ge the CLR error: 8004005

0 Kudos
lions99
Level 10
5,461 5,367 360 992
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
johnedoealso
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No don't do that. Than you have Mr. fixit on your computer

and that opens up a whole other can of worms. If you do,

before you click accept, read the agreement and see what

crap their going to put on your computer. And it still won't

fix your problem. You just get more. It's junk.

0 Kudos
Mumbodog
Level 12
12,390 12,217 582 1,542
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@johnedoealso wrote:

No don't do that. Than you have Mr. fixit on your computer

and that opens up a whole other can of worms. If you do,

before you click accept, read the agreement and see what

crap their going to put on your computer. And it still won't

fix your problem. You just get more. It's junk.

Baloney, use them all the time and nothing is installed on your PC, completely misleading.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation