cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Support Assistant won't open

HP Recommended

Hy!

The HP Support Assistant on my computer won't open. When I doubleclick (or try to open it in the "programmes") I see - for about a second -  this square with the bluish box in it. But after a second (it's actually even shorter) the square is gone and the support assistant doesn't open.

Do you have any advice for me? Just a few days ago it was working perfectly fine.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Level 4
85 85 1 8
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

go to control panel then click uninstall a program or programs and features. then uninstall it. you can reinstall it by going to hp.com software and drivers (if you have the product number i can send the link here.) or by reinstalling it from syste recovery software reinstallation. click start then typed in recovery on the search bar at the top of the start button. open recovery manager then look for the option for software reinstallation  and you see there HP support assistant then click next, be carefull on this options do not click "system recovery option".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
32 31 1 8
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try updating .NET Framework. Also I can suggest you to test your system by creating a new user via administrator privileges.

I feel like asking for thumbs up after I tell you to mark my post as Kudos if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ densyo 12

Thanks for the answer. I've got the product number, so could you post the link?
About the uninstalling part: Should I only uninstall "HP Support Assistant" or anything else? (Because you wrote "program or programs and features".)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
20 18 0 2
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

uninstall support assistant and reinstall the newest version from here.....

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50501-51000/sp50516.exe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you all very much. I uninstalled and reinstalled it. (Unfortunately your link, billybarrie, was not working. It said that there was no such file...) Well, I found the latest version on the HP Hompage anyway.

Again: Thanks very much!!

0 Kudos
Level 2
20 18 0 2
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm sorry it didn't work...I just used it the day before to get it....glad you got things working !!!

Scott

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
18 11 1 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there,

HP support assistant cannot connect any servers to update anything. The problem is that when it runs automatically or manually while checking for updates it stucks in 'downloading' section.

I thought it has some problems with internet connection. But i have good connection. I thought updates are too much and left it open for 1 day. It did not work. I even specified the country of my location, i thought it will be easier to find HP servers to update drivers and others. But still did not work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
85 85 1 8
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

try to uninstall-reinstall it also then restart your computer then open HPSA(support assistant) click maitain then there is an options on the next page a refresh button at the right side click on it, it will check download updates then click view analysis below then install it.(you need to put a check mark on the list of updates).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have had an HP Pavilion DV7 for nearly a year and the Support Assistant has *never* worked. I've upgraded it multiple times but no matter what version I've used, it always gets stuck at "downloading updates" - nothing downloads at all. I've been to several websites where this problem has been posted about and HP Staff post "solutions" but the problem is still unsolved and widespread! If anyone knows how to fix it, please drop me a line.

cheers,
Dave - Energise Web

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation