Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP bios update recovery, reboot and recovery again

HP Recommended
hp pavilion x2 model 10-k077n
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I receive a notification to update a BIOS, I accept it and the tablet download a updtaet.

Now every time I turn on the tablet, it go to a screen with the title HP bios update, the text of the screen say:

The system bios is being recovered. The recovery will take several minutes to complete

Do not shut down your computer during the process

Writing new BIOS image

block xxx/2048

Progress from 0 to 100%

after that, the screen change to

The system bios is being recovered. The recovery will take several minutes to complete

Do not shut down your computer during the process

Verifying new bios image

block xxx/2048

progress from 0 to 100%

and chage to

System BIOS recovery is complete

Upon restart. the screen may be black for a few minutes and varius led lights may flash. Pleasedo not attempt to interrupt or power down during this time

continue startup

them the tablet reboot and start again.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,298 2,031
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the tablet is going to  a screen with the title HP bios update.The system bios is being recovered. Please provide me the product number and serial number of unit so i can check for solution.

If it is a android tablet you try performing the steps below.

With the tablet powered off, press and hold the volume up (+) button and power button at the same time for about five seconds. ...

When the Android system recovery menu displays, use the volume down (-) button to highlight Wipe data/factory reset.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**

I am an HP Employee

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 5
Level 5
177 175 10 55
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Agustin_mexico... I'm very sorry that you're running into this issue with your x2 tablet.

Agustin, I'd like for you to try the following:

• From another PC, download and run the current BIOS SoftPAQ for your unit.  You can find it here.
  • Again, you are running the SoftPAQ on the PC you downloaded on.  When you run the SoftPAQ, chose the option to "Create BIOS Recovery Drive".  You'll need a small USB flash drive ("disk on key") plugged in to the system... a recovery drive will be created.

BIOS_Recovery_Drive.PNG

• After creating the recovery drive, remove it and insert it directly into your powered down x2 tablet's USB port.
  • Power up the tablet.  The unit should go through the BIOS Update / recovery process.  Upon completion of the process, the unit should reboot into Windows.

If the tablet does not reboot into Windows at that point, you can try a hard reset of the device.  That would involve removing the tablet from the keyboard, pressing and holding the power button for a minimum of 10 seconds, waiting for about 15 seconds, then powering up the unit.

If you cannot boot into Windows at that point, I would be concerned that the BIOS chip or memory on the system board has become corrupted beyond recovery, and you would need to contact HP for service.

I hope this helps.  Let us know what happens!

DISCLAIMER: I am an HP employee, but I am not a spokesperson for HP.

• If you found this information helpful, please take a moment to click on "Accept as Solution".
  • If you'd like to say thanks, please click on the "thumbs up" icon to give me Kudos!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My windows 8 tablet is doing the same thing.  Will this proceedure work on a windows system?

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation