cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
holgoodman Student
Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP stream 14 not switching on

HP stream 14
I was using my laptop and I then **bleep** the screen without turning the screen off to take my dogs for a walk for around 20 minutes. I returned from the walk and went to my laptop ur when I tried to turn it on the screen did not appear. The on button was light and the cap lock button was flashing. I tried to take the charger out and waited for it to cool down, however this did not work then I tried to hold f2, f12, and f8 but this did not wor. I unplugged all leads from it but still it didn't turn on. Any help on how to do it without resetting it, I don't want to loose my work?
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 713 1,904
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP stream 14 not switching on

Hi @holgoodman ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

It is a  wonderful  place to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide Learn How to Post and More

I understand that all was working well and tried to turn it on the display was blank or black. The power light was on and the Caps lock was flashing.

You disconnected the AC adapter and let it cool, but it did not help. You tried restarting pressing F2, F8 and F12 but no change.

You have disconnected all external devices and restarting but there was no change. 

Here are some links that may help.

HP Notebook PCs - Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues.

HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 😎

HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 😎

Best of Luck!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation