cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mezastel
6 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

How can I tell if I have 4G or not?

HP Recommended
HP ZBook G2
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have the HP Zbook G2 and I just noticed that there is a slot right under the battery compartment for a SIM card. So I put one in but nothing happened and, further, since I never installed 4G drivers, I cannot really tell if I have the 4G module or not.

How can I check this? I've just tried installing the 4G drivers from the website, but this changed absolutely nothing on the machine.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
33,823 25,976 3,101 10,008
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mezastel

You can assume -- or perhaps use the Belarc program to help you double check your configuration.

I cannot answer the question about the slot.  Perhaps the slot is for a smart card.  Smaller "slots" are perhaps for "SD" memory card readers.

In the Zbook 17 G3, the Mobile broadband module is a component inside the service door, that is, the module is located inside the computer.

You might be able to extrapolate the information from the Service Guide (Maintenance Manual) for your computer.

You can always call Tech Support -- business computers come with pretty good warranty; the Tech team is (from my limited experience) willing to answer questions.

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
4 REPLIES 4
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mezastel

There are more than one ZBook G2 models.

If you cannot find the answer on your computer (System Information), you can try other methods to determine what kind of computer you purchased.

A few Ideas:

• Check your receipt for purchase -- this is particularly helpful if you ordered the computer from HP and the system is a CTO (custom to order) machine.  Your configuration will be listed on the order.

• If the computer was not custom order, check the Product Number against the configuration page at HP.com store.  Look at the specifications.

• Try this free program:

Belarc Adviser

Excerpted from the Belarc Web page:

The Belarc Advisor builds a detailed profile of your installed software and hardware, network inventory, missing Microsoft hotfixes, anti-virus status, security benchmarks, and displays the results in your Web browser. All of your PC profile information is kept private on your PC and is not sent to any web server.

Dragon-Fur

mezastel
Author
6 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found my model number and, on the HP Store page, there is no mention of a 4G module anywhere. Should I assume it is not present on my machine? If not, why is there a SIM card slot?

Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mezastel

You can assume -- or perhaps use the Belarc program to help you double check your configuration.

I cannot answer the question about the slot.  Perhaps the slot is for a smart card.  Smaller "slots" are perhaps for "SD" memory card readers.

In the Zbook 17 G3, the Mobile broadband module is a component inside the service door, that is, the module is located inside the computer.

You might be able to extrapolate the information from the Service Guide (Maintenance Manual) for your computer.

You can always call Tech Support -- business computers come with pretty good warranty; the Tech team is (from my limited experience) willing to answer questions.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

banhien
Level 19
Level 19
95,798 64,512 12,408 21,371
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mezastel wrote:

.. If not, why is there a SIM card slot?

Hi,

HP ZBook G2 series has many models/products. Each model/product is a combination of CPU, RAM, HDD/SSD, wireless card, video, screen .... and few other options such as WWAN card.

You can find this series on many markets/countries and depending on where the WWAN card may not be an option BUT the system board/mother board always has a SIM slot just in case. And please note: WWAN card is an option:

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04407527.pdf

If you wish, you can contact HP to get this option (cost more than the original) if available in your area. I think they are all 4G compatible.

You can also find many laptops which has SIM slot on each machine but no option to have WWAN card at all.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation