cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LB_7260
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

How do I enable WLAN

HP Recommended

I can not enable the WLAN to operate the wireless in my notebook. Message says WLAN is Disabled when I click on the Icon. I can not find it in  Device Manager location under network adapters.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,360 119,537 19,525 29,848
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the full model number of your notebook?

What operating system are you running?

Did you remove any software or reinstall the operating system?

Is there at least an unknown network controller with a ! mark showing up in the device manager?

If so, then all you need to do is install the drivers for it.

If there is nothing at all, it could be a couple things.

Paul

0 Kudos
LB_7260
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion dv2310us Laptop, not showing, only Bluetooth showing in device Manager, no change in operating system, I downloaded software for Verizon calling modem and Wifi was gone. wil not find other networks.

thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Do you have the HP Wireless Assistant installed?

If you do, open that program and see if the WLAN card is turned off in the software. If it is, just hit the turn on software button next to the WLAN card,

If you don't have the Wireless Assistant installed, install it, and then see if the WLAN adapter shows up.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-46858-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

Paul

0 Kudos
LB_7260
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

yes HP Wireless Assistant already on laptop. WLAN does not show on Assistant, only Bluetooth. That is not the problem.

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Is there any way you inadvertently turned the card off with the switch/button?

If not, somehow that Verizon software royally messed up your card.

Go into the BIOS and see if it is listed and enabled (probably in the device configuration menu).

If it is, then?

Paul

0 Kudos
AllenSNJ
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My computer has the HP Wireless Assistant installed but it won't open to be able to see if I can enable it. How do I get my computer to open the HP Wireless Assistant to open?

0 Kudos
BHK6
Retired
Retired
5,476 6,075 340 869
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi AllenSNJ,

I will be happy to help you with the HP Wireless Assistant. What I would recommend is that you uninstall and reinstall the program. I will need to know what operating system you are using so I can provide you with the correct links.

Find your OS:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/which-operating-system

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Chrishess
3 1 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have same issues says net work controller !
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation