cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
wlgreen0001 Tutor
Tutor
11 7 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do I recover from a corrupt BIOS?

We have a ProBook 6555b. During the BIOS Update the system rebooted and is now just giving us the flashing CapsLock with all ohter indicators lit and will not POST....

We have tried removing AC Power, Main Battery, and CMOS RTC Battery.

And rebooting using several key combinations including, none, F10, Windows+B, All four arrow keys....  NO luck.

Suggestions???  It is looking like a motherborad replacement but was hoping to avoid that for a simple BIOS issue...

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
maespete Tutor
Tutor
10 8 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I hyave the same problem with my Pavilion dv6-7010us notebook but nobody seems to be of help...

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,843 4,711 235 573
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello wlgreen0001,

Your Probook is a Business model.  Your issue would be best answered on the HP Enterprise Business Community Forum

Hello maespete,

Take a look at this document, which provides some information and troubleshooting steps to help resolve your corrupt BIOS issue. 

Please let me know if this helps to resolve your issue.

Good luck to you both!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
0 Kudos
Highlighted
wlgreen0001 Tutor
Tutor
11 7 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The problem I am experiencing is that once the BIOS update failed the Notebook will not POST at all.   It does not auto recover as suggested in this document.  When powered on it does nothing; no beeps, no blinks, cannot F10 back into BIOS, does not respond to ANY key combinations...  It is simply powered on with a blank/black screen. The only indication of life is the fan and temporary HD activity.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation