cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Violetta1
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

How to disable HP Drive Encryption?

HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 G1
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

My goal is to upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 10. All went smoothly until I got a notification "uninstal HP Client Security Manager". There were several products I needed to uninstal first: HP Device Access Manager, File Sanitizer, Trust Circles, Theft Recovery, and finally HP Drive Encryption.

When I got down my list to HP Drive Encryption, I faced another notification: "Disable Drive Encryption from HP Security Manager before uninstaling it". I have tried to get that done without any success. So, how to disable HP Drive Encryption?

I really want to get rid of that whole HP Client Security stuff, since day one it has "spoilled" my user experience.

I would be happy of your experiences updating your Windows 7 to 10, thanks! :generic:

1 REPLY 1
psychohn
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you get any answer on this, I can't disable the Drive encryption and I am getting that annoying Startup screen to put my password before getting to Windows. Please Help what can I do, running on Windows 7 64Bits

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation