cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Noogazig
Level 2
9 6 1 1
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to replace intel centrino n2230 with another card

Okay so I've made the decision that I want to buy a new wireless card and physically replace my intel centrino n2230 on my windows 9.1 laptop

This card has given me hell as long as I've had my laptop (which by the way is the HP Envy Dv 433ea - a seeming non existant laptop that I can't find support for anywhere on the internet) 

Before anyone advises to update drivers or anything don't bother.  I have literally tried everything from the latest drivers to the oldest drivers and everything in between. The connection I get it always slow and will periodically drops disconnecting mefrom the internet - which I have concluded is the most frustrating thing I've ever had to deal with.

So to the actual question. I've heard there are things such as bios restricions and there will obviously be size restrictions so I wanted to check with someone a little more experienced before I go out and buy a wirelss card that doesn't do the trick.

So again I guess the question I'm asking is: What wireless card do I buy that will not cause any of the afformentioned problems that will fit in my laptops card slot and that will work with the bios?

Thank you so much I know this was a long question but I have to stress how much this card has pissed me off I have been running around left right and center trying to get a fix but no avail - this is kind of my last resort.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 957 2,199
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Noogazig ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I would need the serial number. Please review the HP Privacy Statement . Then send it to me in a private message. I will try to give you the part number for your Notebook.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Noogazig
Level 2
9 6 1 1
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply! 

I've private messaged you the serial number as you asked 

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 957 2,199
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Noogazig ,

Thank you for the information you provided your model is the HP ENVY dv7-7334ea Notebook with the product number

D0X38EA.

Here are a list on the Network adapters.

Atheros 9485GN 802.11b/g/n 1×1 WiFi and 3012 Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter 655795-001
Atheros WB225 802.11b/g/n 1×1 Bluetooth Combo Adapter 675794-001
Broadcom 4313GN 802.11b/g/n 1×1 WiFi and 20702 Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter 657325-001
Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 WLAN module 670691-001
Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 WLAN module 670691-001

Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n 1×1 WiFi Adapter 691415-001
Ralink RT3290LE 802.11b/g/n 1×1 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter 690020-001
Atheros AR9565 802.11b/g/n 1×1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter for use only on computer models equipped with an Intel processor 690019-001

More information on your notebook can be found in your manuals. Page 36.

Your driver is available here for you if you need it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Bondy007
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi 

I have a DV7 With the same issues C5H30PA#ABG that is my product number. Could you advise me on what card would best replace my faulty one?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 957 2,199
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @Bondy007,

They are the same as my above Post.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Level 11
11,219 2,185 436 152
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Bondy007 wrote:

Hi 

I have a DV7 With the same issues C5H30PA#ABG that is my product number. Could you advise me on what card would best replace my faulty one?

Thanks

You need to open and see how many antenna wifi wire connection it has to know which wifi you need to get.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
0 Kudos
gemkapri
4 2 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am facing the same problem stated below as Noogazig, Kindly find my laptop details as below,

HP DV Envy6

P/N: C1Y16EA#ABD - HP ENVY dv6

S/N: CE2431VKM

Please do let me know if you need further info.

Thanks & BR/ tatsat

Okay so I've made the decision that I want to buy a new wireless card and physically replace my intel centrino n2230 on my windows 9.1 laptop

This card has given me hell as long as I've had my laptop (which by the way is the HP Envy Dv 433ea - a seeming non existant laptop that I can't find support for anywhere on the internet) 

Before anyone advises to update drivers or anything don't bother.  I have literally tried everything from the latest drivers to the oldest drivers and everything in between. The connection I get it always slow and will periodically drops disconnecting mefrom the internet - which I have concluded is the most frustrating thing I've ever had to deal with.

So to the actual question. I've heard there are things such as bios restricions and there will obviously be size restrictions so I wanted to check with someone a little more experienced before I go out and buy a wirelss card that doesn't do the trick.

So again I guess the question I'm asking is: What wireless card do I buy that will not cause any of the afformentioned problems that will fit in my laptops card slot and that will work with the bios?

Thank you so much I know this was a long question but I have to stress how much this card has pissed me off I have been running around left right and center trying to get a fix but no avail - this is kind of my last resort.

0 Kudos
gemkapri
4 2 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: How to replace intel centrino n2230 with another card
Sent: ‎04-12-2016 08:24 AM

Hey @gemkapri,

Your system is an HP ENVY dv6-7202eg Notebook, here is a link to your service manual page 41 for the Wireless that is compatible with an Intel processor. The Atheros AR9565 802.11b/g/n 1×1. Could you create a post so i could copy this response so it can help others.

Thanks Let me know.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation