Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp 255 G4
Linux
Yesterday i setted up bios administrator password and power on password (which are the same) and i already forget it before i wrote it down. Any way i can reset? Product key : M9T08EA#AB7 Hp 255 G4
13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello @psyian

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome!

Please enter some password (wrong password) 3 times, press ENTER and you should receive a new window stating system disabled and a code similar to this one (For HP Mini, should be 10 characters, for others should be 8 characters long) :

Please, take note of the system disabled/halted code (write it down).

Let me know how it goes. Provide your update/feedback.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended
It worked. Thanks for your assistance 🙂
HP Recommended

I have tried your method 22 times on an HP 10P010 mini laptop with no success.  Each time I have to turn the computer off, then restart, put in the suggest passwords, and then get a different error code upon the third try.  What am I doing wrong?  Please help. as HP wants $215. 49 to reset it and I only paid $300.00 for my grand-daughters Christmas present.  (Somebody changed the password, but she doesn't know who.)  Thanks, in advance.

HP Recommended

@1chico-hog

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any.  You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends).  

Response times may vary by region. Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

HP Recommended
Before I could tried solution I turned on the computer now the cap lock flashes I have no screen picture and it's turned on but that's about it it doesn't even go to the administrator password for the BIOS it just doesn't go anywhere I'm not sure what happened.
HP Recommended

Did not work.

HP Recommended

Correction: one of the options did work. Thank you.

HP Recommended

Take note of the HP computers password for unlocking and enter it in the system disabled screen , press ENTER. This will unlock your BIOS/reset security settings and PC should be able to start Windows (if WIndows can load).

How do you enter it into the System disabled screen?  The system is locked. All I can do is power off my HP 1500 notebook.

HP Recommended

My computer generated the code i 62384896 and It won't decode.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.