cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

How to secure a Wireless Network?

HP Recommended

I have set up a wireless connection at home - whenever I use it says that the connection is unsecure - how do I protect it? May be number of users are using it. I have find one "Wireless Network Watcher".http://router.iyogi.com/news/wi-fi-network-wireless-network-watcher.html this website shows positive information about it.
Anybody has experienced with this tracking software. Is it safe to use? Please  help.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
122,135 112,315 18,025 27,516
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can secure your wireless network by following the instructions that came with your wireless router.

WPA2 security with EAS encryption is the best to use.

Here is some general info. If you want specifics, you should visit your router manufacturer's support website for the step by step details on how to set up wireless security for your specific router.

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/support/wireless_secure.htm

Paul

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation