Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Provost
Message 1 of 2 (85,927 Views)

How to uninstall AuthenTec fingerprint software and driver

[ Edited ]

First step: Uninstall the fingerprint software.

Click the ' Start ' Start.png button.

Type in the search box ' unin ' and choose ' Uninstall a program '

Uninstall_00.png

Uninstall from there software for fingerprint reader.

For example it may be:

• AuthenTec Fingeprint system

Uninstall_01.png

• AuthenTec TrueSuite

Uninstall_02.png

• DigitalPersona Personal

Uninstall_02b.png

Only when you will do the first step you may start to uninstall the fingerprint driver.button

Step two:

Click the ' Start ' Start.png button.

This time in the search box type ' man ' and choose ' Device Manager '

Uninstall_03.png

Under ' Biometric devices ' will be listed the fingerprint sensor. Right click it and choose ' Properties ' (in the below example it's the Authentec fingerprint sensor AES2501A).

Uninstall_04.png

Select ' Driver ' tab choose ' Driver details '.

Uninstall_05.png

You will see something like on the below picture

Uninstall_06.png

In our example we have four positions (in your case it may be other number and different files or paths). Most important here is to write down all this information because you will need to manualy delete them later. When you will do this close the opened tabs and return to ' Device Manager '.

Right click the fingerprint sensor and choose this time ' Uninstall '.

Uninstall_07.png

In second window which wil appear be sure that you have checked ' Delete the driver software for this device ' and choose ' OK '.

Uninstall_07b.png

Now you should delete all files from paths which you write down in the previous step.

Go back to ' Device manager ' and click the ' Scan for hardware changes ' icon

Uninstall_08.png

System should detect ' Fingeprint Sensor ' without loaded driver

Uninstall_09.png

If you want to be sure then drivers for this device are deleted you may just choose properties and check the ' Driver ' tab.

Uninstall_10.png

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Student
Message 2 of 2 (36,852 Views)

How to uninstall AuthenTec fingerprint software and driver

[ Edited ]

Based on what I'm seeing in my HP desktop these instructions aren't applicable and thus inappropriate. I'm still trying to determine if TrueSuite is only for finger prints *(which I will never use) and if there's a problem if I uninstall it. It is eating up a lot of valuable disk space and if I'm not going to us it I want it off my machine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation