cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Pavilion G6 - Some keys on keyboard not working

g6-1c54wm
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Some of the keys on my laptop stopped working while I was playing a fighting video game was rapidly tapping a bunch of keys.

The up and left arrows, right shift, and from q to p only t and y work.

I have tried everything on the troubleshooting page http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03843122 as well as replacing the keyboard. Sometimes pressing the keys very hard will make them work . Also pressing certain keys at the same time will do something like ert will increase screen brightness. Don't think it did that before.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,362 24,317 2,056 3,195
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Pavilion G6 - Some keys on keyboard not working

@Dan7008

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand there are certain keys that either does not respond or provides an alternate input than the one it's used for generally,

And if you've attempted all the steps on the attached document, including turning off the filter & sticky keys, reinstalling drivers, looking for stuck keys and cleaning them,

I would recommend you to check with an external keyboard to confirm the issue and if there are no issues with the external keyboard,

Get the computer repaired at an HP repair center or get a replacement at the HP parts store using this link (If the replacement you got isn't from HP as it may not be a genuine part)

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation