cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I need to enable the superfetch for windows 7 32-bit

Where can I get the download for superfetch for windows 7 32-bit. Please let me know, and tell me how to enable it. I have tried everything I know to do. Thanks

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 12
4,534 4,501 384 1,080
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's built-in to Windows 7 and works without you having to do anything.

If you're looking for more information on ReadyBoost, check here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/readyboost

0 Kudos
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, here are some simple steps to enable superfetch:

1- Click start and search for ( services.msc ).

2- When window appears, scroll down until you see ( superfetch ) double click on it.

3- When window appears you will see a category named ( startup type ), here you will see four options: ( 1- Automatic (delayed-start), 2- Automatic, 3- Manual & 4- Disabled ).

4- Set it to ( Automatic ) then click Apply then OK.

5- Now you can relax an enjoy a faster computing experience.

P.S. Superfetch takes some time to learn the way you use your computer which means that you may or may not see an immediate increase in speed, but your computer will get progressively faster over time as it learns from you.

P.P.S. After following the steps I listed above, you may very well realise that it was already set to ( Automatic ) which means that it was working all along.

I hope this helps you out.

Please click the "Kudos" button if this post helped you, thanks:)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have done this.  Still not working.  It says; "error 2; cannot find file specified.  ???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry about that, I personally have not come across that problem. I'll ask ask a friend of mine that's an I T Tech and see if there is anything that he can recommend.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
4,534 4,501 384 1,080
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It sounds like you might have a corrupt installation of Windows.  I would recommend running the System File Checker (SFC) to see if it can repair your system files and also a CHKDSK to see if you can recover any lost files.

1. Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.

2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    sfc /scannow

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Once you run SFC, click here and follow the instructions for running a CHKDSK (check disk).

If neither of those resolve the issue, the next steps would logically be:  a) Run hard disk test & b) Reinstall (recover) operating system.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 4 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I try to enable SuperFetch I get an error #2 which says that the file cannot be found.  It is on automatic startup in Services.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation