Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Install Windows7 on HP 2140 using USB

HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

can you please help me on installing  Windows7 on my hp2140 from USB since i cant provide a usb dvd drive.

i was following this guide installing-windows-7-off-a-usb-drive-on-an-hp-mini-2140 but i cant boot from the USB once i've tried.

already set the partition size to 3072 but the computer just hangs and wont boot.

any tips outthere..

thanks a lot.

Q

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 6
385 381 19 96
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi

follow this sets

Download & Run this HP Format Utility

http://www.mediafire.com/?n6iw6ljhbou57bz

Plug-in your Flash Drive (Pen Drive)

Quick Format in FAT32

Copy Windows 7 Disc to Flash Drive (Without creating any Directory)

once its all copied

Download & run this bootsectGui

http://www.mediafire.com/?nloymyyyytm

select your flash drive, drive letter & write bootsect.

all done

Boot your PC by pressing F9 key during OEM LOGO

Best of Luck

~"If my solution has helped you in any way, please click on the white start to give Kudos."~

~"Please click on the Accept as solution button if your problem has been resolved."~
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your solution did not work for me. My 4GB Flash Drive did not become boot-able for me with the bootsectGui utility (even ran it as Administrator). Even though the bootsectGui utility stated all went well in its DOS Box window. 

But I did find a very easy solution from Microsoft using a single executabe utility named "Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool" which is documented step by step at http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2009/12/-the-usb-flash-drive.ars that worked like a charm for me.  The Windows utility is downloadable from within the step by step article URL I give you here.  My same 4GB Flash Drive above worked great with this utility.

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1 on my HP Mini 2140 netbook.  It runs great.

~"If my solution has helped you in any way, please click on the White Star to the left to give Kudos."~

~"Please click on the Accept as solution button if your problem has been resolved."~

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 5
298 292 13 40
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
boot into your bios by rebooting then press the F9 key this will bring up a boot device option selection.. use up or down arrow key to select your usb drive
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation