cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Shreyas18
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Installation Errors displayed when trying to install latest display and chipset drivers.

HP Recommended
Pavilion p-115na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I tried installing the latest drivers for the pavilion notebook.

Installation errors occured while installing latest Intel chipset and display drivers from HP's website

Only some of the drivers like wireless, diagnostic were installed successfully, 

7 REPLIES 7
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 16,751 961 2,185
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Shreyas18,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I read about the installing error with your HP Pavilion 15-p115na Notebook. Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the program on your Notebook and it will help with any software and driver updates that are required on your system.

You could try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows. This is a download that will run a check on your system and usually repair it. Restart after it is done.

Please let me know of any errors.

If you wish to say Thanks for my efforts to help, click the Thumbs up to give me a Kudos.  

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Shreyas18
Author
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply Mrstenter.

HP Support Assistant has already been installed in my laptop. When I checked for the latest updates, it doesn't show any.  I assumed that the latest drivers are present in my system

However, when I checked on HP's website to identify new drivers for my laptop, it showed list of different drivers. Also, the version and release date of these drivers are latest compared to the one installed in my machine.

Also, the windows update troubleshooting tool link which you have provided is for windows 7. May I know if it is fine to run on WIndows 10. ?

The whole issue started after installing latest windows 10 updates. Since last week, whenever my laptop goes into sleep mode or shut down, it gets freezed. Everytime I have to force shutdown the laptop. I contacted the microsft support team. They said I will have to manually install chipset and display drivers from HP's website which I am unable to.

I tried contacting HP support chat in India and US but they were unable to help saying that I will have to contact UK team as this laptop was purchased from UK. However, chat facility is not available from UK for this particular model.

Can you help with this issue?

Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 16,751 961 2,185
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Shreyas18,

The Website shows your model with options that are not currently installed on your system. There were options to upgrade the system. The Hp Support Assistant will pull in the updates for your system. 

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
Shreyas18
Author
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP support assistant is not able to pull in those latest options from HP support website.

I am using the latest version of HP Support Assistant [Version No. 8.2.8.25]

When I check for updates, it says that "No updates available". 

Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 16,751 961 2,185
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Shreyas18,

That is correct. Not everything on the HP page is for your Notebook.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
Shreyas18
Author
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Microsft support team said that latest display and chipset drivers should be installed to resolve the laptop freezing issue occuring when laptop goes into sleep mode or if I try to shut down.

However, according to your answer, the drivers in my system are the latest. May I know if we can expect any new updates on drivers?

There are other posts with similar issue but there is no concrete solution provided. Is this an issue with HP or Microsft? 

I am worried my laptop willstop working due to this issue.

Thanks,

Shreyas

Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 16,751 961 2,185
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @Shreyas18,

I have no knowledge of when the drivers are available. If you run the HP Support Assistant and your Windows updates, you should know the updates are available before I do.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation