cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LALITKSHARMA
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Installation of window7 from recovery partition

HP Recommended
dv6-2155dx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

my hardisk is creshed. my backup cds are not working... but I copied whole recovery partition in to my external harddisk( 13 GB  Data). now i purchased new hardisk and make 3 partion on new hard disk... one partion E:\ drive 15 gb for recovery partion ... I copied whole backup data from my external harddisk to new hardisk partion E:\ drive .... I am trying to install from new harddisk recovery partistion but... boot failure... couldnot boot.... please write solution how will i install windows 7 from new harddisk recovery partition. Urgent

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
pc-paul
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

did you ever find an answer to your problem?

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,513 30,420 2,778 6,714
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What they're doing will NOT work -- because the recovery partition must be the same exact physical location as it was on the original drive, and if they simply copied the partitions from one disk to another, that is highly unlikely to be the case.

You can't save off the HP recovery partition to another drive and then use it later to do recovery.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation