cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Intoret
Level 1
7 5 0 1
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Installing MSATA SSD For use with Intel RST

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15t-j100 Select Ed
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to install an MSATA SSD onto this laptop.  Simply installing the drive and enabling the RST technology results in a "cannot access boot disk" error-type blue screen.  I've managed to get into the intel RST screen by enabling legacy boot and using ctrl-I.  Once there I am only able to create a RAID array.

I assumed the system would be set up already to use RST, however that doesn't seem to be the case.  The system will not boot with the MSATA drive installed.  Do I need to set the system into a RAID-0 disk in order to proprely install and use this MSATA disk as a cache on the hard disk?   

The drive is a 32 gb drive that uses sata 3.0. Intel RST recognizes and shows the drive and it's capacity, but windows will refuse to boot from the regular disk while it is installed, and the hdd access light does not turn on when I attempt to boot with the MSATA drive installed.

Is there a procedure or set of instructions I need to follow in order to get a system that was not set up with the RST technology and did not have the cache at all before?  I have an external hard disk I can back up onto, with enough storage to back up the current disk, if necessary.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation