cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Installing update to Windows 10

Envy M6-1310sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi all, hope someone can impart some words of wisdom regards the following!

I am running Windows 10 on my laptop and when running the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant to install the most recent version it advises that all criteria for updating are ok (including disk space) but then stops installation advising not enough disk space. As far as I can see the Upgrade assitant tries to install to my recovery drive which is more or less full with files showing an HP warning 'Recovery Partition' message. The laptop has 1tb of memory that I'm hardly using.

Can I somehow get the update to install to my hard drive as opposed to the recovery drive? Is this the right solution? I'm really no expert and am thinking of popping into the computer shop on my high street and paying them to take the pain away, but I thought I'd give this forum a whirl first to see if there is an easy solution? I've searched quite extensively online for a solution & there's nothing I can find that helps.

Thanks in advance to any respondees!!!

Simon.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 10
Level 10
1,489 1,419 146 977
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey Simon,

If you are already running Windows 10, the upgrade assistant won't tell you anything that you don't already know.  The new Anniversary Update for Windows 10 will install on your computer.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 5 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Simon,

Sounds like a tough problem, and like you, I wasn't able to find any clear cut solutions. Do you happen to have the error code that pops up when the error displays? Should look something like "0x80070070"

I did find this and it sounds similar to the issue you are having:

http://www.disk-partition.com/articles/not-enough-disk-space-for-anniversary-update-4348.html

Keep in mind I am not familiar with the tools or tips recommended in the article, but this looks like a legit site and I think it's worth a try.

Best,

Ken

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation