cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CathyJo
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Intel Bluetooth Service View has stopped working

HP Recommended

I have a Windows 7 laptop model dv4t-4000 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC (product number LH989AV) and I get this error message ("Intel Bluetooth Service View has stopped working") every time I try to connect to my Bluetooth Earbuds. The pairing seems to work fine, but there is NO SOUND in the earbuds, the sound continues to play from my PC speakers instead. Can anyone help? Please tell me how to fix this error message "Intel Bluetooth Service View has stopped working." Thank you!!!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Dunidar
Retired
Retired
5,889 6,265 451 1,229
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello CathyJo

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Bluetooth not working. I would like to offer my assistance in this matter. I would recommend that you try the steps I have outlined below"

Step 1. Go to device manager
Step 2. Right click on "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" that you want
Step 3. Select "Update Driver Software..."
Step 4. Choose "Browse my computer for driver software"
Step 5. Choose "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
Step 6. Select "Ports (COM & LPT)"
Step 7. Select "Microsoft" at "Manufacturer" list
Step 8. Finally select "Standard Serial over Bluetooth link"

If the above steps do not work I would recommend you read this thread concerning this issue on the Intel Forums.

I hope I have been able to provide you with the assistance you need. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
0 Kudos
cgmirand
2 2 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved !!!

In my case my  HP EliteBook 840 G1 gave me the same problem when triying to pair a Bluetooth earphones. It pairesd but when triying enable "Listen to Music" the following message appeared:  Intel Bluetooth Service View has stopped working.

Solution:

- Find out your Bluetooth model and manufaturer. Mine was intel.

- Check for the driver directly on your manufacturer website, download it and install it after uninstalling the previous one. But dont use your HP Softpaq Dowloader, it didnt worked for me.

- Voila. 

Best.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation