cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
compmaster
1 1 0 0
Message 61 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Intel Centrino Advanced N6200 AGN wifi locks up Envy 17 whenever I try to download large files.

I have found a workaround for this issue for anyone to try whose BIOS update did not resolve their problems.

Use the Intel 3.1.1.1 driver (released in 2010).

I have done extensive large file transfers and gaming with this driver and without the BIOS update and haven't had a single laptop hard-lock.

The only irritating behavior is with this driver Intel WIDI will not connect while on 5GHz network because of a restriction in the older driver.

I have posted a guide here to get the stability and an at-least-functioning WIDI.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1205211/intel-centrino-6200agn-locks-up-system-and-fails-large-file-trans...

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation