cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Level 2
14 8 2 5
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Jumping mouse cursor... any fixes?

I have a new Envy 17 (17t-3000).

The mouse arrow keeps jumping around everywhere whenever I type so I went into the Mouse settings to change the settings and sensivitiy.

Maybe it's over sensitive when I realize my left palm may be brushing the mousepad which is frustrating because, obviously, you need the mousepad to move around the mouse cursor.

I have a mobile mouse which minimizes the effects as I turn the mousepad off.

But sometimes you know that you just want to type up documents and not use a mobile mouse and leave the touchpad on.

I have a relative that has the HP Pavilion dt7 model and says the same thing about that mouse pad which is really frustrating.

Guess HP has NOT fixed the mouse pad sensitivity problem in their laptops as I'm noticing other HP owners comments on various online HP forums about the same issue.

Any one know of a fix to minimize the sensitivity without losing control of the mouse cursor/function via the touchpad??

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 13
10,921 10,842 773 4,456
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Uninstall your current driver for the Synaptics TouchPad and restart the system.

Resource:
Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

Download and install the latest driver (ver 16.0.1.0) from here.

Restart the system and check the result.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 5 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. There are thousands of reports of jumping cursor. I have all tapping, gestures, and scrolling turned off and it still jumps as if tap was on. It occurs when there is a gentle palm touch yet tapping is off so the cursor should not jump.

HP and others keep saying to reinstall 16.0.1 but that does nothing. Someone please help.
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation