cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

KeyBoard are not functioning as they shoul be...

HP-1000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Folk,

My problem is regarding keyboard funtion, few of key are behaving like other keys like whenever i am typing the pragragh and hit Enter it usually fall to next line but in my case it fall to the end of the pragraph, like this when i pres insert key it act like Backspace key, when i press pg up key it act like '\' and when i press Space Key it get me to the End of the Line... Please suggest what to do, i am very sick of this....

Regards,

Mauzzam

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,851 5,326 350 628
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Mauzzam,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I came across your post about the keyboard issue, and wanted to help!  I understand that some keys are functioning as other keys, when you press them.

To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:
HP Customer Support - Products

Are you only having this issue in a particular program?  Or is this issue present throughout the entire system?  Do you know if this issue is present in the BIOS, before starting the Operating System?  In the meantime, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes: HP Notebook PCs - Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi SDF15,

Many Thanks to reply so quickly and briefly..

My product Number - HP 1000-1140TU Notebook

This i am facing every where like in typing Mail, doing coding, writing a note , surfing the internet anywhere that requires these affected key.

I have also tried to change the Keyboard but problem did not resolve. Many technician have suggested to format the Laptop and re-install the Window, but why i need to re-install when my window is Originall.

Seriously its horrible like press Insert key and it will behave like BackSpace Key, pg up key act as backward slash, the most irritating key is Enter like when i hit Enter Key it never fall to the next line , it fall to end of Pragraph.

Please I need help, do suggest me what to do , i am in a big need of this laptop.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,851 5,326 350 628
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Mauzzam,

It seems that you are being asked to reinstall Windows, because the issue seems software related.  I understand that you already tried replacing the keyboard, without success.  This can further show that the issue may be software related.  Did you try reviewing the document that I provided in my previous post?  What were the results?

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi ,

When this issue was started i had Window 7 and to get rid of this issue i updated to the Window 10..

Yes i have gone through the document, but it didn't cover my issue.

Regards,

Mauzzam

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,851 5,326 350 628
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Mauzzam,

I understand that the issue started in Windows 7.  When you upgraded to Windows 10, was the issue resolved temporarily?  Are you able to use the Go back to an earlier build option, in your System Settings?: HP Notebook PCs - Upgrading to Windows 10

This option should only be available for the first 28 days after installing Windows 10.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation