cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Demigodz
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Keyboard Not Responding unless in airplane mode

HP Recommended

I own an  HP Envy Touchsmart 17 and after a recent BIOS update the keyboard will not respond to any key no matter what i press. This problem arose three days ago.  I have tried everything including calling HP technical support and they tried everything from a system point recovery and then eventually a full computer wipe. None of this has helped and the keyboard still wont work. The only time the keyboard works is when i switc the computer into airplane mode, when i do that all the keys work again and i can type properly. For two days i was able to use an external keyboard to type without it being in airplane mode. However, as of 2 hours ago the external keyboard is not working eiter and will not respond unless in airplane mode. I am a college student and desperately need this to be fixed because of my many assignments i have due. Please help.

Sincerely,

Demigodz

6 REPLIES 6
george-p
Retired
Retired
15,312 9,281 123 369
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Demigodz ,

I have sent you a private message. If  you are not sure how to check your private messages then this post has instructions that will guide you through the process.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
0 Kudos
wholio
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have this same issue and would really like to know how to fix it. Have completely reinstalled and still no luck

0 Kudos
massiv11
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, how are you? my laptop also does this very same thing, the keyboard only works when in flight mode. This has disadvantaged me greatly as I am a University student. Please could you help me.

0 Kudos
massiv11
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, were you assisted? If it worked please help me get my keyboard up and running as well.?

0 Kudos
Aj_abhinav
2 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi , 

i am am facing the same problem and unable to resolve it ...keyboard is working fine in flight mode / airplane mode .. But becomes non functional as soon as I switch to wifi 

also I have tried to uninstall driver update motherboard drives , everything ... No luck ... Please help 

0 Kudos
prashantsingh75
Level 1
11 10 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am facing the same problem. My keyboard doesn't works too, but only works when airplane mode is on. Has anyone found the solution to this problem? Please help.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation